Jury convicts former owner of Dave's Gunshop and his wife.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I was on a first name basis with these guys in college. Jeremiah even asked me if I wanted a job there before I graduated. Can't say I ever saw this coming. It's pretty crazy how often people screw up (habitually) on a legal level and get caught in the gun industry here in Louisiana. There's so much drama. It's kinda comical at this point.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Wonder what happened to all the guns on consignment.
    Everything is still in the custody of the government.
    Because of the Dave Vs. Jeremiah case being state and the Gov Vs. Jeremiah being federal, the gun issue is complicated.
    The state judge ordered the firearms be turned over to Dave. The feds said no at the time.
    All owners of the ones on consignment SHOULD be getting theirs back, unless of course Jeremiah sold them and never paid the owners, which means they'd have to sue Jeremiah. However I highly doubt they ever see a dime since he's going to prison, and owes Dave over $1 million.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Now that I have time and the trial is done, I can elaborate a little more over what happened.

I am one of the 2 employees that worked at the shop at the time of the raid, so this isn't hearsay.

Jeremiah and Sarah were buying firearms from estate sales/auctions/individuals using the stores FFL, but the firearms never made it to the shop's logbook.
    The actual cash the shop took in was being taken by Jeremiah and Sarah. Dave (original owner) had a lawsuit against Jeremiah for not paying him for the shop, so Jeremiah was taking all the cash the shop made and keeping it out of the shop's bank account to look like the shop wasn't doing well.
    Jeremiah had stopped paying the shop's bills and the vendors like Davidsons/Sports South/Lipseys had suspended the shop's ability to order because Jeremiah wasn't paying them.
    Everyday we had customers calling or coming in wanting to know where the guns/ammo they gave Jeremiah and Sarah to sell. Towards the end, I couldn't even get ahold of them for the customers.

Jeremiah and Sarah have smeared our names, plastered our pictures with accusations and even told people to confront us for almost 3 yrs now. They fully intended on making us take the blame for everything.

Both him and her had texted us threats, accused us of stealing and even tried ruining my coworkers marriage. Jeremiah had came into my current job, flipped me off, cussed me, and sent messages to my company's FB stating I am the sole reason he's in this mess.

Sarah had written several versions of what happened. Reddit/Facebook/Instagram and even here all had a different version of it all.

Even during the hearing, Jeremiah was cocky and acted a fool. As he was walking back into the courtroom to hear the verdict, he was flipping me and some others off while saying "F*ck you!" atleast 10 times.
    After the verdict was read and the US Marshals surrounded him to take him into custody, he was bawling like a baby.

He is currently in St. Martin parish jail.

Don't even get me started on them raising over $7k on GoFundMe saying they couldn't pay rent or bills, all while they were taking vacations to Arkansas and else where.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Now that I have time and the trial is done, I can elaborate a little more over what happened.

I am one of the 2 employees that worked at the shop at the time of the raid, so this isn't hearsay.

Jeremiah and Sarah were buying firearms from estate sales/auctions/individuals using the stores FFL, but the firearms never made it to the shop's logbook.
    The actual cash the shop took in was being taken by Jeremiah and Sarah. Dave (original owner) had a lawsuit against Jeremiah for not paying him for the shop, so Jeremiah was taking all the cash the shop made and keeping it out of the shop's bank account to look like the shop wasn't doing well.
    Jeremiah had stopped paying the shop's bills and the vendors like Davidsons/Sports South/Lipseys had suspended the shop's ability to order because Jeremiah wasn't paying them.
    Everyday we had customers calling or coming in wanting to know where the guns/ammo they gave Jeremiah and Sarah to sell. Towards the end, I couldn't even get ahold of them for the customers.

Jeremiah and Sarah have smeared our names, plastered our pictures with accusations and even told people to confront us for almost 3 yrs now. They fully intended on making us take the blame for everything.

Both him and her had texted us threats, accused us of stealing and even tried ruining my coworkers marriage. Jeremiah had came into my current job, flipped me off, cussed me, and sent messages to my company's FB stating I am the sole reason he's in this mess.

Sarah had written several versions of what happened. Reddit/Facebook/Instagram and even here all had a different version of it all.

Even during the hearing, Jeremiah was cocky and acted a fool. As he was walking back into the courtroom to hear the verdict, he was flipping me and some others off while saying "F*ck you!" atleast 10 times.
    After the verdict was read and the US Marshals surrounded him to take him into custody, he was bawling like a baby.

Don't even get me started on them raising over $7k on GoFundMe saying they couldn't pay rent or bills, all while they were taking vacations to Arkansas and else where.
    Gotta love a good old fashioned karma storyline.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I remember some customer taking a round in the leg from an employee playing with a 1911, say you aint that guy?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I've always been a non-conformist and had a business so I understand getting behind in taxes. And even understand maybe putting a 20.00 bill in one's pocket without reporting it.
    But that said, these idiots just flaunted it and sound like pure idiots. I have zero sympathy for them . Why would anyone feel sorry or start a Go Fund me for them. They sound like they would screw their mother for a 1.00 bill.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    I've always been a non-conformist and had a business so I understand getting behind in taxes. And even understand maybe putting a 20.00 bill in one's pocket without reporting it.
    But that said, these idiots just flaunted it and sound like pure idiots. I have zero sympathy for them . Why would anyone feel sorry or start a Go Fund me for them. They sound like they would screw their mother for a 1.00 bill.
    It's like you've met them.

Top Bottom