Jury recommends DEATH! Olive Garden shootings in BR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Lake Charles, LA
    :bravo: - Good verdict. Society needs to eliminate murdering misfits like this guy and his buddy. We don't need to be paying good money to keep them in jail the rest of their lives. Get rid of them.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Executions should be public, and televised, with all inmates, first offenders, and youth "boot camp" attendees (especially the latter 2) forced to watch.

The methods used should be:

1. Hanging
    2. Close range shot to the back of the head
    3. Pushed off One Shell Square, with first offenders required to do the cleanup

Implement this, and watch the crime rate plummet.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    1. Hanging
    2. Close range shot to the back of the head
    3. Pushed off One Shell Square, with first offenders required to do the cleanup

I admit all those methods are more politically correct now than dragging behind an automobile. But lemme tell ya, back in the day...

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I admit all those methods are more politically correct these days. than dragging behind an automobile. But lemme tell ya, back in the day...
    I am SO sorry! My suggestions were in no way meant to downplay or be more PC than your most excellent proposal of dragging behind a car. I simply forgot to acknowledge your post in my own. Dragging should indeed be among the acceptable methods, coupled, of course, with live TV coverage and cleanup by wannabe criminals.

In fact, dragging would add all sorts of possibilities - the TV coverage could have interesting side stories about the locations through which the perp is dragged, communities could bid on getting draggings, for exposure, TV rights, and possible tickets, etc. There could be bets wagered on the mileage dragged at which the perp's foul life would expire, a bumper-mounted "Cheese-Grater Cam" showing the process in vivid detail...

The possibilities are endless, and I salute you!

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I think the vitims family should decide on the process in which he meets his maker.

Though emotionally that seems right, it's not very rational. Our judicial system is structured to punish criminals, not to ease the suffering of family members or to give them an opportunity for revenge. Not to mention the implications of 8th Amendment rights infringement that would occur.

I believe the punishment should fit the crime. As quick as people are to advocate the death penalty, I think it requires more review than that. If anyone here remembers, right before we got the Heller decision, the Supreme Court had just ruled that the death penalty was considered cruel and unusual punishment in cases of rape, molestation, etc. The stated that the death penalty should only be used in cases of murder.

So is this guy a murderer or an accessory to murder? He didn't pull the trigger did he? I don't know the details of the crime, but the article says that he instigated the shooting. Because of this, I really don't agree with the punishment. Yes, it was a horrible thing, and the guy is probably scum. But he didn't kill the guy.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Of course you are right. But shot to death behind the Olive Garden on Siegen Lane??? Shot to death inside LSU campus housing??? Shot at River Center??? Shot at the Ride Aid on Plank Avenue??? _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(rest of post sh*t canned, fill in the blanks with your own words)

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Our judicial system is structured to punish criminals
    That's debatable these days

not to ease the suffering of family members or to give them an opportunity for revenge.
    It SHOULD do both though!

rights infringement
    That's the problem with this country - too concerned about the "rights" of convicted murderers, terrorists, etc. IMO, when one commits and is convicted of a capital crime, they forfeit their rights.
    Non-citizen terrorists have no rights to begin with. F*ck Gitmo - they should've all been killed on the battlefield, with any prisoners tortured for information then killed quickly and cheaply.

And SCOTUS screwed the pooch when they found death for child rapists to be "cruel and unusual." Child rapists should be tortured by the victim's family first, then killed by a method chosen (and carried out) also by the victim's family.

In my warm and fuzzy opinion, of course.

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    That's the problem with this country - too concerned about the "rights" of convicted murderers, terrorists, etc. IMO, when one commits and is convicted of a capital crime, they forfeit their rights.
    Non-citizen terrorists have no rights to begin with. F*ck Gitmo - they should've all been killed on the battlefield, with any prisoners tortured for information then killed quickly and cheaply.

And SCOTUS screwed the pooch when they found death for child rapists to be "cruel and unusual." Child rapists should be tortured by the victim's family first, then killed by a method chosen (and carried out) also by the victim's family.

In my warm and fuzzy opinion, of course.

It's thinking like this that made the 8th amendment necessary. Kind of a shoot now, think later mentality. Because no one has ever been convicted of a crime they didn't commit. That's my problem with Guantanamo Bay. We think you did something, no trial, no jury, you are getting the shaft. People are so willing to punish/discourage terrorists that they don't seem to care if innocent people get hurt in the process.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think he should be shot in the chest and left to bleed out. An eye for and eye as they say. Aaron was a good kind hearted christian he didnt deserve that ****.

Boolie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Though emotionally that seems right, it's not very rational. Our judicial system is structured to punish criminals, not to ease the suffering of family members or to give them an opportunity for revenge. Not to mention the implications of 8th Amendment rights infringement that would occur.

I believe the punishment should fit the crime. As quick as people are to advocate the death penalty, I think it requires more review than that. If anyone here remembers, right before we got the Heller decision, the Supreme Court had just ruled that the death penalty was considered cruel and unusual punishment in cases of rape, molestation, etc. The stated that the death penalty should only be used in cases of murder.

So is this guy a murderer or an accessory to murder? He didn't pull the trigger did he? I don't know the details of the crime, but the article says that he instigated the shooting. Because of this, I really don't agree with the punishment. Yes, it was a horrible thing, and the guy is probably scum. But he didn't kill the guy.

You are kidding, right??? Do you have a heart / feelings / a sense of familial pride. If that was your wife or mother that was shot and left for dead, I have to HOPE that you would feel differently. I don't care if he actually was or was not the one to pull the trigger, his actions had a direct affect on the outcome. He is just as guilty IMO because not only did he not attempt to stop the situation, he "egged" it on. He along with many other convicts are the slime of the earth. Why waste more taxpayer funds. Give him his leathal dose of potassium or whatever they give in louisiana and be done with it. The victim didn't get to procrastinate his death, why should the criminal?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom