Just a rant: Jerry Springer rejects live next door

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I married a gal that lives in Harahan, in the home she was raised in. It's a working class neighborhood with mostly working class people. We're next door to the dregs -the ones that have numerous non running trucks lined up in the drive such that parking all over the street is common. They've just finished building a 16ft long bar and added a couple big screens so their dreg drinking buddies can come enjoy some genuine dreg ambience and compete in the nightly "F" and "MF" yelling contest. The back of the man cave/bar is falling off so as to join hands with the piles of junk cars, junk 3 wheelers, rotting lumber stacks -the 55gal barrel of waste oil has been overturned onto the drainage grate in the corner of the yard for a decade. Rats scurry in and out of the property and the daddy dreg texts me photos of the ones he shot with a pellet gun years ago. The jobless cousin from up north moves in to join the pre-teen daughter, the foul mouthed yat mother, the now "of legal age so he's a regular pot smoker" son and the loudest barking great dane ever born. Every night the drinking and cursing event is in full swing with at least one or two visitors joining in. I can't count how many times I've asked them to shut it down and in as many different ways as is humanly possible. They've figured out that we'll never stop calling the police if they run much after 10pm so only lately have they started to end things around that time. Council members, mayor, chief, patrols, EPA, neighbors ...everyone knows about "these people" and NOTHING much has changed. I'm building an 8ft high fence and I guess will start soundproofing my walls when I'm done with the border wall as my sound machine isn't really enough to keep me from writing this. Daddy dreg called me today and asked if he could borrow my pulley tool. I said sure, go in my toolbox and help yourself. I'm nice to them, even though I've threatened to whip every ass he knows if he parks anything in front of my house. He's nice to me, brings me BBQ on occasion. The situation is, they live in a completely different reality than we do. They see nothing wrong with the way they live. I turned 55yo today, I watched my grandkids most of the day and had to go look at a job in BR. Stopped at Cabelas to be sure there's no ammo -confirmed. At night I'd like to listen to the river boat traffic, maybe some music or a TV show without having to hear a bunch of hard legs jerking each other's ego until late. Well...it's 10:05pm, I just heard the 1st truck pull off -exhaust sounds like a cherry bomb. The other dregs haven't given up yet, guess it's time to make the materials list for the soundproofing. I loathe this society -lucky for them I've chosen sobriety and God (and you guys, it seems). Good night BS'ers!

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Lol, Those types tend to implode given a little time...Gud Luck !

Ha-if they would bring their lonnnnnnnng winded (20yrs and counting) implosion indoors instead of adding more TV's and beer coolers out back I'd be thrilled. But thanks for the well wishes. Happy Holidays to ya Gator.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Sorry your neighbors suck, I'm glad they don't live next to me. Happy birthday, guess it could be worse

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    All that junk and would may accidently catch fire, burn the house down and make it where they can't afford to rebuild, probably don't have insurance. Problem solved aside from the cleanup.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    I thought I had it rough with my junkie neighbor that overdoses a few times a month.
    After reading this I actually feel better about my situation :rofl:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Wow! Thanks for the reality check. Stories like this remind me my neighbor hood doche bags could be a lot worse. Good on your part taking the high road. Good luck.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ha-if they would bring their lonnnnnnnng winded (20yrs and counting) implosion indoors instead of adding more TV's and beer coolers out back I'd be thrilled. But thanks for the well wishes. Happy Holidays to ya Gator.

Tks,We all have or just about all of us have had neighbors whom occasionally act the ass as its called down south like a house 4 doors down....

Cooks in the garage,Bon fires,music,and butt-wipe pard-nahs,Gets drunk,Rides an old beater Raz-or and shoots in his yard,

I call them ''Double-wide'',These 2 are having ''cuss''fights every weekend,She had him locked up about 4 weekends ago for grabbing her by the throat...

Won't be long now before that marriage is Fin !

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I thought I had it rough with my junkie neighbor that overdoses a few times a month.
    After reading this I actually feel better about my situation :rofl:

No joke! Trash in the yard and the occasional late night ambulances is way better than what he's dealing with.

My neighbor used to have random visitors going and coming all day until I told him I've let the local SO know about potential drug activity at his place. Now he drives to the Dollar Store down the road to do his deals.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Sounds terrible. I've dealt with neighbors with barking dogs before but never as bad as you got it.
    As I've gotten older I've learned to respect zoning regulations and noise laws. When I left BR (and I'm never going back) the place I moved to was quiet. I've got neighbors but everyone was quiet and respectful and there are no laws about noise there. Now that everyone's kids are getting older and getting cars the teenagers with their modified exhaust, loud speakers and driving like Ricky Bobby have ruined it. So at some point we are going to sell and move.
    And I'm not sure where too because I'm of the opinion now that if you want peace and quiet you either have to live in a nice neighborhood (with one entrance to prevent cut through traffic) in a city with laws than can and will be enforced or have the money that you can afford enough land that there is enough space between you and neighbors to where it doesn't matter what anyone does.
    As more time passes the white trashiness of people in Louisiana seems to get worse worse. Or maybe I'm getting old.... or maybe it's both.....probably both

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'm pretty sure there are laws against modified loud exhaust and headlights bright enough to perform and X-ray and I wish law enforcement would crack down on it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I married a gal that lives in Harahan, in the home she was raised in. It's a working class neighborhood with mostly working class people. We're next door to the dregs -the ones that have numerous non running trucks lined up in the drive such that parking all over the street is common. They've just finished building a 16ft long bar and added a couple big screens so their dreg drinking buddies can come enjoy some genuine dreg ambience and compete in the nightly "F" and "MF" yelling contest. The back of the man cave/bar is falling off so as to join hands with the piles of junk cars, junk 3 wheelers, rotting lumber stacks -the 55gal barrel of waste oil has been overturned onto the drainage grate in the corner of the yard for a decade. Rats scurry in and out of the property and the daddy dreg texts me photos of the ones he shot with a pellet gun years ago. The jobless cousin from up north moves in to join the pre-teen daughter, the foul mouthed yat mother, the now "of legal age so he's a regular pot smoker" son and the loudest barking great dane ever born. Every night the drinking and cursing event is in full swing with at least one or two visitors joining in. I can't count how many times I've asked them to shut it down and in as many different ways as is humanly possible. They've figured out that we'll never stop calling the police if they run much after 10pm so only lately have they started to end things around that time. Council members, mayor, chief, patrols, EPA, neighbors ...everyone knows about "these people" and NOTHING much has changed. I'm building an 8ft high fence and I guess will start soundproofing my walls when I'm done with the border wall as my sound machine isn't really enough to keep me from writing this. Daddy dreg called me today and asked if he could borrow my pulley tool. I said sure, go in my toolbox and help yourself. I'm nice to them, even though I've threatened to whip every ass he knows if he parks anything in front of my house. He's nice to me, brings me BBQ on occasion. The situation is, they live in a completely different reality than we do. They see nothing wrong with the way they live. I turned 55yo today, I watched my grandkids most of the day and had to go look at a job in BR. Stopped at Cabelas to be sure there's no ammo -confirmed. At night I'd like to listen to the river boat traffic, maybe some music or a TV show without having to hear a bunch of hard legs jerking each other's ego until late. Well...it's 10:05pm, I just heard the 1st truck pull off -exhaust sounds like a cherry bomb. The other dregs haven't given up yet, guess it's time to make the materials list for the soundproofing. I loathe this society -lucky for them I've chosen sobriety and God (and you guys, it seems). Good night BS'ers!

You Sir, need to be treated to the wonderment of the infamous but epic, "Fence" thread.

BTW; hasn't enough time passed where we can put that back up? I would love to read it again!

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    My neighbor and me both put up 6 foot privacy fences mainly because of the rent house next to him. They would get together with their Marine buddies and get drunk and loud every weekend.
    Good fences make good neighbors.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Sounds terrible. I've dealt with neighbors with barking dogs before but never as bad as you got it.
    As I've gotten older I've learned to respect zoning regulations and noise laws. When I left BR (and I'm never going back) the place I moved to was quiet. I've got neighbors but everyone was quiet and respectful and there are no laws about noise there. Now that everyone's kids are getting older and getting cars the teenagers with their modified exhaust, loud speakers and driving like Ricky Bobby have ruined it. So at some point we are going to sell and move.
    And I'm not sure where too because I'm of the opinion now that if you want peace and quiet you either have to live in a nice neighborhood (with one entrance to prevent cut through traffic) in a city with laws than can and will be enforced or have the money that you can afford enough land that there is enough space between you and neighbors to where it doesn't matter what anyone does.
    As more time passes the white trashiness of people in Louisiana seems to get worse worse. Or maybe I'm getting old.... or maybe it's both.....probably both

Yes, both for sure, but in our aging we have grown to appreciate civility, calm, quiet, peace ...these aspects of living are wholly wasted on this pop culture. I'm thinking somewhere along the AR/MO border -from Eureka to Mountain View, that'd be prime for me.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    We need some pictures of the place.

If one spent enough time looking at Google Earth maps online -you can actually see the junk in the backyard, and the dead trucks lined up in the driveway. They're pitiful and half of me (ok, a very small half) feels sorry for them because they have no idea what it's like to be kind, sober, productive, happy, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom