just bought my first glock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    My dad has used Breakfree CLP in his for over 25 years (in the same duty weapon) and has yet to see any problems, I'll stick with what has worked for him.

Oddly enough to me, he has never repaired or replaced anything, including the polymer guide rod.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Rand is a proven winner. I've been getting good results with FireClean in my AR, too.

Frankly, I think Glocks can run dry for very extended periods without any problems. I can't remember the last time I lubed my Gen4 G19, but it had to have been well over 2,000 rounds ago. No hiccups.

Aside from occasionally wiping carbon off the outside, I don't think I've ever cleaned it.

Enjoy your new piece!

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Rand is a proven winner. I've been getting good results with FireClean in my AR, too.

Frankly, I think Glocks can run dry for very extended periods without any problems. I can't remember the last time I lubed my Gen4 G19, but it had to have been well over 2,000 rounds ago. No hiccups.

Aside from occasionally wiping carbon off the outside, I don't think I've ever cleaned it.

Enjoy your new piece!

It's like seasoning a cast iron skillet. They're just better when they're dirty, and all scratched up. I've cleaned each of my glocks exactly one time. And I don't think I've ever lubed them more than once every couple thousand rounds. They just... work.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's like seasoning a cast iron skillet. They're just better when they're dirty, and all scratched up. I've cleaned each of my glocks exactly one time. And I don't think I've ever lubed them more than once every couple thousand rounds. They just... work.

Tis the reason I finally bought one! lol

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    My 19 made it about 20k rounds between maintenance before I started having problems with light primer strikes.

jujutattoos

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    New Orleans
    Dave_m.
    I have been using the frog lube jug on my two blocks and have had great results my first was a gen 3 23 w easily 200 rounds a week and my newer gen4 and the paste works great. Easier to clean after time in the lanes and great for the rails. It IS also made by CLP and have never had it dry up. However I will use the spray frog lube on my ar from time to time and still wouldn't use anything else now

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Been running Frog Lube for a few years now. Its a great hot weather lube for my AR in classes with high round counts. A number of shooters had issues with it gumming up in cold weather. Almost all have gone to RAND CLP. I would not recommend the Frog Lube for handguns. I am using what I have left for classes in my AR just to get rid of it. All my defense guns are RAND CLP. I have a sample of RAND if you want to try it. PM me.

FYI: The Frog Lube Paste is awesome for the bezel of the weapon lights!

svilardo_85

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    MANDEVILLE
    i feel dumb seeing all these post i completely strip mine to clean it. slide, frame, and mag. guss im ocd like that :eek5:
    i knw they really reliable thas y i purchased mine.
    i jus like taking it apart and putting it back together :eek4:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom