Just finished my first Krav Maga class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Holy ****. All I can say. One of the most intense cardio workouts I have had in awhile.

For those of you who dont know, today was pretty much the grand opening of baton rouge krav maga (batonrougekravmaga.com). After a brief warm up we started working on the first few strikes.

The joke that Krav Maga is Israeli for "Kick them in the nuts" is correct. That is the first thing we covered. We followed that with how to throw hammer fists to the face, and downward hammer fists to the back of the skull/neck. Lastly, for self defense, how to correctly break a choke hold then attack with the other moves we learned. The last 10 minutes were the most rough however. We split up into groups of 4-5. One person in the middle, 2 people with tombstone bags, and one person with nothing. Each person tried to attack the guy in the middle (no hitting the other people of course). It simulated having to deal with multiple attackers.

I can say with all honestly that having experience this for only one class I hope I never have to fight head on with someone experienced in this. It is brutal and practical; how to deal with worst case scenarios. The first class is free too, so I highly recommend anyone in the BR area check it out. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and knowledgeable, and the lead instructor Adam really knows his ****.

They also have a handgun defense class on 4/20. How to deal with someone having a gun to you at any direction. Its a few hour class for 30 bucks. You really can't beat the deal.

Sorry if this is rambling. I am freaking exhausted and don't feel like spending all day writing a complex review. All I can say is that I am going back, and anyone who takes self defense seriously should give this place a try. It was phenomenal. Here is the BIO of the lead instructor.

Adam Sibley has been a practitioner of martial arts and fitness since the age of five. He has studied thirteen different forms of fighting and in 2006 became an officer and Swat Operative for the Hammond City Police force in Hammond Louisiana, and later became the Tactical Commander For the Independence Police force in Independence Louisiana.

His experiences, proven ability and ability to teach was then taken to Hollywood where he was featured on the Discovery Chanel program *One Man Army* which features elite operatives in armed forces and extreme athletes and MMA fighters in a head to head competition to determine what it takes to be a well rounded combat ready operative. His performance on this program Landed him acting and stunt performance roles in movies such as Never Back Down 2, Universal Soldier, A Day Of Reckoning with Jean Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, And Scott Adkins, Dragon Eyes with UFC Kung Le, Dungeons and Dragons, A Book Of Vile Darkness, The Paper Boy with Mathew Mcchonaughey, Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt, The Courier with Mickey Rourke, Battle Ship with Liam Neesom, and Taylor Kitche, Looper with Bruce willis, as well as many more roles which can be found through www.IMDB.com and is currently Part of a reality tv show for Screen Gems Production, Adam has also worked for Mud brick Media as an Action Scene Coordinator for their *Phoenix Rises* project and Martial arts and weapons Instructor to the cast of this three part trilogy and continues to work in the film industry. He is also a certified body Guard through Bonick’sMartial arts.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I've met Adam before and he seemed like a decent fellow, but c'mon man:

Tactical Commander For the Independence Police force in Independence Louisiana/I]

(Yes I'm picking at him!)

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah it's at the YMCA while their place is being built.

Age range was from 17-18 year old small females to older men in their 40s (or so it looked).

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yea it gets kind of slow in there at times..but in my defense I was having some family problems. :/ Still no excuse.

Hoping to check out a class or two eventually though.

Sent from me my phone and I.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I plan on checking it out once they open their place up over by Celebration Station (where I played Mini Golf yesterday :) )

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yea it gets kind of slow in there at times..but in my defense I was having some family problems. :/ Still no excuse.

Hoping to check out a class or two eventually though.

Sent from me my phone and I.

Lol just messing with you bro. Can't say I dont do the same. I am sure you would put rescuing drowning people before a phone.

Top Bottom