Just got my Crossbreed Supertuck....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perfdavid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Been wearing it for two days and it is pretty darn comfortable. Only complaint
    is the inside of the leather is a bit rough on the skin. For those that have it, will this go away with time or did you treat it somehow to make it smoother?

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Either pull your boxers up a little higher, or wear an undershirt. Could also use an older shirt with some 3M adhesive spray to line the leather on the back once it has formed to your body. I also trimmed off some of the leather to get a Full Firing Grip while still holstered (I think they call it a combat cut or something). Just ideas, though. I ended up selling my supertuck with my M&P. Only complaint was the difficulty putting it on, it was very comfortable.

perfdavid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Either pull your boxers up a little higher, or wear an undershirt. Could also use an older shirt with some 3M adhesive spray to line the leather on the back once it has formed to your body. I also trimmed off some of the leather to get a Full Firing Grip while still holstered (I think they call it a combat cut or something). Just ideas, though. I ended up selling my supertuck with my M&P. Only complaint was the difficulty putting it on, it was very comfortable.

Did you notice after you cut it a difference in the comfort level?
    ....and thanks to the other guys for the replies

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I have a Supertuck in horsehide with the combat cut. I notice no discomfort that I would attribute to the combat cut, but I haven't tried one without it.

I always wear an undershirt regardless (untucked), but I found the leather backing uncomfortable as well, so I started tucking my undershirts in.

It's a little bulky for someone my size, and it doesn't conform to me that well since I'm skinny. Even with those issues, though, it's still comfortable and very concealable.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I love my supertuck, but I have to join all the others who wear an undershirt. Since I started carrying I started always wearing a tucked-in undershirt, because I really don't like the feeling of a holster, even neoprene, rubbing against my skin.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Can fat guys wear the Crossbreed comfortably? YES

Can I wear an oxford type shirt with slacks and no one notice?Very intrested! YES

While I don't think of myself as a 'fat guy', I could lose 50 lbs and still not be skinny.

I have both a Supertuck and a Qwik Clip for my G26, a Minituck and Microclip for my PM9 and a Microclip for my P380. All 3 guns have XS Big Dots and Crimson Trace Laser Guars. All my holsters are horsehide and have the 'Combat Cut', which I consider essential. I think that the horsehide makes a difference in comfort and in holding position against your skin. I wear all without an undershirt and usually wear a knit shirt or a t-shirt, tucked into my pants. I have no problem with comfort, concealability or access. I wear all of them with a Crossbreed belt and the only issue I have is with the Microclip and the PM9 where the clip doesn't keep the front of the holster from slipping into my pants. I'm going to try a Qwik Clip on the holster to see if that rectifies the problem.

I carry at 3 to 4 o'clock and the front of the Supertuck can get a little annoying when sitting.

I also use Recluse pocket holsters for my PM9 and P380 and Recluse dual mag holders for both of those. I had used DeSantis Super Fly's for the PM9 and P380 but even after modifying them I still wasn't happy with the draws. Both the Crossbreed and Recluse holsters handle the Big Dots and Laser Guards just fine.

My 'regular' carry is the G26 or PM9 in the Qwik clip, the PM9 or P380 in my left front or rear pocket and a spare mags for the primary in the left pocket that doesn't have the 2nd gun and 2 spare mags for the PM9 or P380 in the right rear pocket.

I'll also carry the PM9 in a right side pocket and the P380 on the left if I'm in a situation where I may be taking my shirt off.

If I got rid of anything it would be the G26 Supertuck and the PM9 Microclip

Top Bottom