Just got the license, now what?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cubsfan

Holy Cow!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Gretna, LA
    Just like the title says. I know several people on here have C&R's so school me on what I need to know. I know I need to make copies of the original and keep it in a safe place unsigned. Do you make copies and cut them down to the size of the original? Do you just make the copy on a regular size sheet of paper and leave it that way? Do you need to get the copies notarized or something (mentions certified copy on instructions below license)? How do you typically send these to dealers (mail, fax, carrier pigeon?) I'm ready to buy a couple of things and I just want to make sure I don't screw this up.

Thanks.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Never sign the original, only copies (I use blue ink). Some dealers will accept a email or fax, others want a hard copy. Fax or email a copy to Midway and you get dealer prices!

Doug

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No need to cut down the copies. Send off a copy to midway, grafs, Aim, brownells, etc. Cruffler has a list of email addresses you can send your license too. If you reload, and like Dillon, and want to keep money in your wallet, don't look at grafs dealer site.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I scanned mine into a pdf and I send that to the vendors. I keep the original with the rest of my C&R stuff with my bound book in a bookcase.

Remember, midwayusa requires a minimum purchase of $40 or they charge you a "Special Handling Fee" of $4.00 once you become a dealer
    I didn't realize that was a dealer only fee. I thought everyone had to pay it.

If you reload, and like Dillon, and want to keep money in your wallet, don't look at grafs dealer site.
    Gee thanks now I gotta look.

Last edited:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I mailed mine, didn't know fax or digital was accepted. Someone told me to keep a record of who I sent them to. What will be your first acquisition?

Cubsfan

Holy Cow!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Gretna, LA
    I'm going to get another Cz-82 and another Polish P-64 to start. I love those Mak caliber guns. An M1 Garand and the requisite trip to the CMP in AL are not too far behind. Not really sure beyond those.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom