Just got word of a Louisiana Record Breaking deer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmiller02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=5896

this is one big deer

p1384459479.jpg

HAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Bogalusa
    Im happy for him,the only thing i dont like about the deer is it aint mine.lol

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You shoot a deer like that; that will most probably have it's own name when it's referred to like "The Emperor Buck"; and it may be the Louisiana record when the antlers dry out; and that's the best picture you have? :doh:

Other than that; I wish that big boy would have walked down the river, swam across at St. Gabriel; made his way into my property and raped several does! :boink:

Nice genetics!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I wish that big boy would have walked down the river, swam across at St. Gabriel; made his way into my property and raped several does! :boink:

Nice genetics!

Man, I'm tellin' you. :eek3:

That's a fine kill- that hunter will win quite a few prizes / promotional items with that buck! :thumbsup:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    The deer was killed on a 20 acre section of CRP land. He had never seen him prior to shooting him..

What I take from this is something we all know already - right place, right time. Have to be in the woods enough for something to wander by. Wish I had more time to spend out there. Pretty rare though for a deer to age that long in this part of the world.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What I take from this is something we all know already - right place, right time. Have to be in the woods enough for something to wander by. Wish I had more time to spend out there. Pretty rare though for a deer to age that long in this part of the world.

Not really! First and foremost, you have to have the genetics and ample food for them to grow antlers like this. As for older age deer, there are a lot of places in Louisiana were deer die from old age. Contrary to popular belief, not every square inch of Louisiana woods is being hunted; only most! ;)

Top Bottom