Just one more reason to hate it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just pulled $320 out of the ATM. The other $20, I could not get, because there was a $2.75 fee for the transaction, and you have to use multiples of $20. I then stopped and put $15 in my gas-tank, leaving me $1.25 on the card (it wouldn't clear for $16.25 for some reason, even though no fee is associated with use at a merchant supposedly, per info it came with). I am really pissed about that, and will be going to a Chase bank to get my $1.25.

What this state is hoping is that I, and others like me, won't. That means that if they sent out 100K cards, and each person left $1 on the card, they would have ripped the tax-payers off by $100K, and I bet they sent out a LOT! more than 100K cards. Cheap, crooked ****.

Oh, on my way home from the bank I watched a cop run a red-light with his lights off with no other cars in sight. At least he stopped so I could turn across his path using my green-arrow before he ran the light. Lucky bastard. Rules don't apply when you're a cop in this state.

Actually, if he wasnt running code then you can report him. Just get his unit number off the side and call his station.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Actually, if he wasnt running code then you can report him. Just get his unit number off the side and call his station.

...and I am sure I would have to give my name, etc. No thanks. I know what happens to people who file reports/go through the legal system with stuff like that. This is a little backwater southern town, you don't "report" an officer.

Last edited:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    ...and I am sure I would have to give my name, etc. No thanks. I know what happens to people who file reports/go through the legal system with stuff like that. This is a little backwater southern town, you don't "report" an officer.

Just offering a suggestion, that is all. I wouldn't report them either. But that has nothing to do with fear of reprisal.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If you dislike Louisiana so much, why do you live here?

Because I did not know how bad it was because I failed to do my research before I moved here. All I was looking at was how cheap college and stuff was here. I then got into a medical program that took a few years to complete. Then, I was partnered with a local facility under contract. I'm leaving as soon as I can, though, which looks like the end of the year/start of '13.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Just offering a suggestion, that is all. I wouldn't report them either. But that has nothing to do with fear of reprisal.
    Well, there are more of them than there are of me, and they don't have to worry about what's legal and what's not. Lets just say I've learned from the lessons they taught others.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Luck you, obviously this state isn't going to be consistent.
    East Dallas? Been there, never lived there. I had heard about these card deals, but also heard people were getting a check, too, and did not know what to believe. Last year I got a check. I only wish I were in a deserted wasteland as compared to here.

Don't let the door hit U on the ass...podnuh :bravo:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    What can BROWN do for U?

look on the bright side... we have hispanic prostitutes now!!

They carry Taurus Pistolas...

And they GOOD too>>>>I like DAT me!

8svuaysbpozsglf535vy.jpg

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That thing you get when you make less than 6 figures a year like poor plebeians such as myself.

A refund is the return of the interest free loan you made to the government because you didn't take the time to correctly calculate your withholdings. As bad as the LDR's little debit card scheme is, it's not their fault you left your money in their account all year.

For all of you direct deposit fans...do you sleep better at night knowing that someone who barely passed a civil service exam had you bank routing number and you account number in their hands? Do you know what can be done with those two pieces of info?

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You can turn your card into cash pretty easily. Here's three ways from the LDR website...

http://www.revenue.louisiana.gov/sections/individual/MyRefund.aspx

• Will I be charged fees when using the MyRefund card at ATM machines?
    No fees apply at Chase and MoneyPass ATM’s. Chase allows one no-fee withdrawal at non-Chase ATMs. Other fees at non-Chase ATMs may apply.
    • Will I be charged fees when using the MyRefund card at retail stores?
    When using your card at retail locations throughout the U.S., you enjoy unlimited no-fee transactions. There is unlimited no-fee cash back with a purchase at supermarkets and other stores.
    • If I prefer to receive a paper check, rather than the MyRefund card, what should I do?
    If you prefer a paper check, you must request one from LDR, BEFORE activating the card, by calling (225) 219-0067. However, you may also use the online bill pay feature at www.myaccount.chase.com to issue a check to yourself for the balance of your MyRefund account.

I don't think the LDR thought this out very well; but jeez guys, with all the pissing and moaning about this you would think they were making you get tarred and feathered :rolleyes:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I wonder how much using the cards cost the state?

I ended up owing the state $2 this year. That's as close as I've ever cut it! I got a few bucks back on federal but not enough to cover the tax prep. Taxes suck...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well, that would either mean that you're such a dumb **** that you cannot secure an education anywhere else, or....

It means I was young and naive and thought that this place had only seemed bad because I was a child of 13 when I was last here. Free college was part of the motivation, though, so I would rather to say I was financially limited as averse to "a dumb ****".

However, I don't HAVE to stay here. :)

Or, more likely, he was running to a call without his lights because unless the traffic is uber-heavy, that's the best way to get around with the least amount of fuss/disturbing the citizenry. Thats because most folks operate their vehicles totally DWHUA (Driving With Head Up Ass), never notice the lights/siren until you're parked off their bumper, and THEN they jam on the binders in panic.

Go ahead and rant on. I'm certainly not disputing most of what you're annoyed about; I'd like to leave this place myself. When you do move, get acclimated and then get back with on us on all the things in THAT area which **** you off.

No place is perfect, of course, and I am sure some things will **** me off no-matter where I am, but that is just life. I have lived better, and plan on living better again.

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Because I did not know how bad it was because I failed to do my research before I moved here. All I was looking at was how cheap college and stuff was here.

How does a reasonably intelligent person not research the city they will be living in? Your idiocy got you here. Accept it and quit whining like a tweenage bitch.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    How does a reasonably intelligent person not research the city they will be living in? Your idiocy got you here. Accept it and quit whining like a tweenage bitch.

I am sorry, but my 18-year old mind was more concerned with "How the HELL am I going to pay for college!?" than "What is the crime index?".

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I wonder how much using the cards cost the state?

I ended up owing the state $2 this year. That's as close as I've ever cut it! I got a few bucks back on federal but not enough to cover the tax prep. Taxes suck...

I really should adjust my taxes closer. Perhaps I simply don't trust either the CPA, nor the tax calculators, because my CPA always gets me more back than the calculator claims. Maybe I will ask my CPA to do a calculation for me toward the end of the year this year. I have already pulled the $340 off the card. I just claim S/0 and get a little "lump-sum" at the end of each refund season. Kindof like mailing yourself a present, but hey, whatever makes you smile. I know I should have had it all along.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I respect that a lot of you have friends and family here that you are partial to, but to someone who is not a big family person, and whose friends have all snapped and left, I don't think you have anything to say to me about why this place has anything to offer as compared to many other locations that would be more favorable.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    My wife works at chase she said all you have to do is activate it via the 1800 number on the back write that number down and give the teller your license and they can give you all the money that's on it. They don't charge you for anything even if you don't have an account. It's a pain in the ass but at least you can get the cash and not get charged anything.

She just has them direct deposit its a shame that its the easiest way to do it now. I guess the computers are also less likely to screw up but ill leave that for another rant.

You don't even need to go to a Chase Bank to get all the cash off of the card. I got mine from my usual bank (Whitney) and I got the full amount off the card with no fees or hassle.

Top Bottom