Just Ordered Raven Holsters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Just ordered a few Raven Concealment holsters, 1 with the light capability and 1 without, now begins my 16-18 week wait for them to come in

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I may be the only guy in the world who doesnt like the Raven stuff. I have a Glock w/light holster from these guys: http://www.psholsters.com/. And I love it. It feel it is better built and has better retention. For kydex with no light I will stick with the RM Stuff.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I may be the only guy in the world who doesnt like the Raven stuff. I have a Glock w/light holster from these guys: http://www.psholsters.com/. And I love it. It feel it is better built and has better retention. For kydex with no light I will stick with the RM Stuff.

I don't either. I even bought a few different sets of belt attachment (soft owb, soft iwb and some other offset iwb) and none of them work for me.

possrullin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Ruston, LA
    I just a RCS holster for my Glock 21SF two weeks ago, in the same boat 16-18. Talked to the sales manager and he said that they only have 15 people in shop but are working as fast as possible.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    When I ordered mine in 08, it took only took 6 weeks.

JR1572

When I ordered my first in 09, it took about 3/4 weeks. My first one has been my EDC since then.

When Tom was in for the class, he was looking at it and noticed it was cracked in a couple spots. He said to send him an email and they would replace it at no cost. He also noted that they have redesigned them since then. When I have broken holster clips, they have promptly replaced them. RCS is a great company, but like all companies, they are not for everyone.

They do some products better then others. I have not liked everything I have received from them, but most of the stuff I have.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    my buddy has one on his g30 to accomodate a tlr3, he waited at least 2 months and he loves it. he has the hook set up to where it tucks and all you can see is two lo profile hooks, nothing to complain about.

good choice man

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA

just ordered one of these on your recommendation to compare it against the "super tactical ninjitsu stealth boba fett scorpion with lasers" RC holster I have.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    just ordered the phantom rig with the MD cut( Magpul dynamics with 0 deg cant) and c hooks for my G27. Gotta wait 16-18 WEEKS! WHYYYY! i wanna get rid of this blackhawk! leather ASAP!

did i make a good choice guys?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    just ordered the phantom rig with the MD cut( Magpul dynamics with 0 deg cant) and c hooks for my G27. Gotta wait 16-18 WEEKS! WHYYYY! i wanna get rid of this blackhawk! leather ASAP!

did i make a good choice guys?

Most users like them. Personally, I did not like their c-clips, but I do not like them from anyone.

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    Just got my order from Personal Security Sytems for my G19. My initial impression is that they seem to compare very favorably to the RCS G19 holsters I have.

It looks like they use pretty much the same thickness kydex, as RCS.

So if you want to wait about half the time, and save a little money I'd recommend you take a look at their stuff.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NTAC Holster is another option only 3 week wait and its a copy of a raven

Im actually getting all the equipment required to start making them and do it right with a press for shaping, press for rivets and belt sanders etc etc etc

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom