Just sharing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    This is the message I got from my son when he got to Afghanistan this Jan:

Tomorrow I shoot our .50 cal and 240bravo Friday I load 180rounds into my magazines and 350 rounds into my .50cal the only difference this time is when I roll out Saturday I'm not being told when to shoot or will I be shooting at paper this is the real deal every bullet shot is a shot to kill the route were taking they drove the same route 4 days before I got there and got shot at and blown up in one day. Dad I'm finally gonna feel like a real marine this is my first combat mission I'm scared I'm not gonna lie I'm scared for my life but I'm confident in my training and know it won't let me down I just want to come home to my wife and family I love u dad might not be able to talk much these next two days so thought I would let u know.

He is still there and doing ok. He does not talk much about what is going on there or what he is doing. The last thing he told me is that they have been going on missions with the brits.

Just hope for him and is marine brothers to all come home safe and soon.

Just posting this because I just one proud Marine dad.

Oh and if anyone knows someone at RedJacket and can help me get him a tour of the place when he gets home to surprise him that would be great. ;);)

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Safe to say to Afghanistan Dad

I think I can safely say from everyone here, our prayers go out to your son and all the wonderful men and women putting themselves in harms way over there. We pray they find solace in the trials they have faced and will face and truely pray for their safe return to their loved ones. Semper Fi Dad.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Prayers for your boy and his fellow service members....May they all return to us safely.

Thanks goes out to you, Sir, and the rest of his family for your sacrifice, as well.

Thanks for sharing. Your son is someone to be proud of!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    That's awesome. Be sure to thank him for us all. My prayers to him and all the soldiers that they're able to remain safe.

I know you're proud of that young man.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    but I'm confident in my training and know it won't let me down

Errah!

I pray for our troops and their family members daily. I'll especially remember you and your boy today.

...and for informational sake, that's about as detailed as he can get without violating OPSEC just so you know. :)

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Congratulations on raising a REAL American hero. Too many times, we get awestruck by comic book characters and movie stars and want to call them "heroes" for doing absolutely nothing, and many times people forget the people, known as soldiers, Marines, sailors, and airmen, who are the true heroes of this nation. I say again, congrats on raising a true hero that every child should look up to and hope they can be as strong.

cajun225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks for the replies and support.

I do have to say that I have 2 sons the one in the Marines and my oldest was in the Navy for 4 years and served with the Marines as a Corpsman in Okinawa, Japan for 3 of those 4 years. Now is going to school at LSU. Proud of both of them.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    I know pride just oozes out everywhere when you talk about these things and rightfully so. To have both your sons in the military says alot... I couldn't imagine both of by sons in the armed forces. God Bless you, your wife and sons. Tell them both Thanks for thier service. Our Marine is due back on American soil Aug 15th. Praying they all come home safely...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I know what you are going through, my son is also in Afghanistan. He is in the Army and driving a STRYKER. Sometimes it is better not to know. His vehicle was struck with an IED and blew off the front tires, no injuries. Talked to him July 5th. He had fireworks on the 4th in the form of incoming mortar fire. Would be a lie if I told you I wasn't scared $hitless. He's halfway through a 9 month deployment. Should have him home for Christmas.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    i also know what it is like to have a son over in the suck my oldest back in 06 and my youngest last year he just got back home form Japan last weekend and going to Lejune next week may be going back over in a few. i was over there back in 94 thankful the wife and daughter didnt have to go when they were in. 5 marines in one family is hard sometimes.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow; that made me a little teary eyed. I don't pray, but I sincerely hope he stays safe and returns home. Sounds like a great kid! Good on you!

And that goes out to the rest of you guys that have kids over there!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom