Just terrible!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

slowkoop

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Looking on gun broker I spot a couple vltor uppers for sale, so I look and see if the vendor has a website they do. In their description it says, IN STOCK READY TO SHIP, so I look on the website which has a reasonable price and it says call for availability so thats what I do. Speaking to a customer rep. he told me they have none in stock and he doesn't know when they'll be receiving a shipment. It's like the vendors are setting aside their morals and making the quick buck, but don't realize we are the one that give them the business for the long haul I don't understand how anyone can do this to a customer or potential customer?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You're not a customer. You found them on gunbroker and then tried to get a better deal on their website. You are a potential customer but so is the person who will buy it on gunbroker. Which do you think the company would rather have, a customer who will pay $100 or a customer that will pay $200 for the same product? What is amoral about selling something for the most you can get?

slowkoop

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    My problem with the matter rest where they can sell it for 3 times the price then on there website. You don't find it shady they pull it off there website for a normal price just to gouge on a auction site. And I didn't go to look for a better deal I never heard of the company before so I went to check out their site. I may not be a customer but I'm sure they have customers who may have wanted the same upper. I'm guessing you help fuel this fire, for all I know you don't but we are all making speculations aren't we?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm unsure why this is terrible. If a company is limited on how many widgets they can buy from a distributor wouldnt it make sense for them to get the most out of their widgets? If the market will pay it, why not sell it at market price. They are not in business for charity. If widgets use to sell for $100 each but because of a shortage and/or the government wants to ban widgets and the market is paying $300 a widget why would any company sell theirs for $100? I certainly cant fault them for selling at market value. If they were trying to sell their widgets for $600 **cough cough, CTD cough** then I would simply refuse to order through them, but again, I cant fault a company for charging what the market will pay.

What probably happened was they pulled their inventory in order to list them on Gunbroker and their site either was not or did not update.

Last edited:

slowkoop

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on them for doing what they are doing I understand business, maybe its just something I really wanted to buy and I still might buy it but I'm not spending $600 on an upper that costed $200. But from what I remember when I first got into shooting which wasn't that long ago, it was a very close nit community. And the vendors and gun shops really need us to go to them and not the big guys so they could make a living, now its like F that they have the upper hand and it sucks. I guess peoples colors really show in a crisis?

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on them for doing what they are doing I understand business, maybe its just something I really wanted to buy and I still might buy it but I'm not spending $600 on an upper that costed $200. But from what I remember when I first got into shooting which wasn't that long ago, it was a very close nit community. And the vendors and gun shops really need us to go to them and not the big guys so they could make a living, now its like F that they have the upper hand and it sucks. I guess peoples colors really show in a crisis?

But when the market corrects most customers will go back to buying from big box places to save a buck. It goes both ways. As far as tight knit community, I'm sure if you deal with a local shop enough they won't rape you on the markup. But when your only calling that mom n pop store because cheaper than dirt is sold out, you can't blame them for the markup. Gotta meet your overhead whether you sell 1,000 items at 50% markup or 500 items at 100% markup.

slowkoop

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Totally understandable it was just a spur of the moment rant. I think I'll just wait till this frenzy is over to finish my rifle. I've pretty much gone to nicks and american freedom (10-8) for everything I've bought so far. Nicks isn't big into ar type rifles Paul from the last time I was there was the only one interested and when I tried to get them to order my novske lower they couldn't find one for me. I never have time to stop by AFA and talk to those guys but I might just have to find time after all I have bought all of my ars from them.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell

I mentioned in another thread that these shops can make ends meet when they sell a rifle for 8-9% markup and they can order as many rifles as they can sell. The problem is, they cant do that right now. They may only be able to get their hands on a few rifles a week (if that) and 8-9% on 2-3 a week just aint cutting it. Sure, they can be the "good guy" and sell it for the same price they have always sold them for but something has to give. Either employees are going to lose their jobs or the shop is going to fold (depending on how long the drought lasts).

slowkoop

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Yea I didn't even look at it that way, I wonder when this drought is gonna be over. I remember reading in another thread a guy mentioning the amount of f/s threads that are gonna pop up with "I'm just trying to get what I've got into it" lol.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Yea I didn't even look at it that way, I wonder when this drought is gonna be over. I remember reading in another thread a guy mentioning the amount of f/s threads that are gonna pop up with "I'm just trying to get what I've got into it" lol.

The problem is, the manufacturers are not stupid. They know this is a temporary event so they are not ramping up production to extremes (buying new equipment, hiring new employes, etc) and in the long run wasting money. They are, for the most part, pushing their machines a little harder but running about average production numbers. The problem is the people who are panicking and buying up everything in site. Once the panic dies down and demand drops (and production catches back up) things will return to semi-normal. I would estimate that we should see prices start to drop around the beginning to mid summer. The non-gun people that purchased AR's for $3000 are going to realize that a ban is not going to take place and say "eh, owning this is no big deal. I'll sell it to fund my vacation." and get hit with the reverse stupid tax when they find out that people can buy brand new ones for $1000-$1500 again.

It's going to be a slow walk down to "normalville" but it's going to happen, sooner or later.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    so sick of hearing about this. take an economics class if you don't understand the pricing. the have-nots are whining about the liberties of the haves. I know where to get a Bushmaster AR15 for $600.00. They are going for 2,000 on gb to idiots that dont even know why they are buying one. Yes, selling to you at $1,500 (double retail) is doing you a favor.

All you have to do to make this stop IS STOP BUYING THEM. I don't care if they sell them for a hundred grand. if some idiot is willing to pay it, more power to ya buddy.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Am I in the derp twilight zone? Is this Groundhog Day? How many times do we need to have the same basic thread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom