Just thinking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I am just thinking that I bought 5 Class III weapons and 3 supressors during Obama's second term in office. Some of it is still in Purgatory. Plus I bought a couple of non-class III guns and a bunch of ammo.

It seemed like a good idea to get this stuff before the "banners" outlawed it. I don't think I can financially afford for Hillary or any Democrat get in office. I'm a bit of a "contrarian." I didn't want this stuff, nor do I need it. Whenever someone tells me I can't have something, then I want it now just 'cause I might need or want it in the future. If you look at the numbers of guns sold during Obama's terms in office, there's a lot of people like me out there.

I have no doubt I would have been an alcoholic during Prohibition just because . . .

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I am just thinking that I bought 5 Class III weapons and 3 supressors during Obama's second term in office. Some of it is still in Purgatory. Plus I bought a couple of non-class III guns and a bunch of ammo.

It seemed like a good idea to get this stuff before the "banners" outlawed it. I don't think I can financially afford for Hillary or any Democrat get in office. I'm a bit of a "contrarian." I didn't want this stuff, nor do I need it. Whenever someone tells me I can't have something, then I want it now just 'cause I might need or want it in the future. If you look at the numbers of guns sold during Obama's terms in office, there's a lot of people like me out there.

I have no doubt I would have been an alcoholic during Prohibition just because . . .

I hear ya I like guns, but not like others do (its not my hobby) and I added 5 to my collection last year not because I wanted them but because I may need them. So much has been going down these last few years. My fear is being caught unarmed and unprepared far more than the nanny state keeping me from buying something.

Last edited:

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I hear ya I like guns, but not like others do (its not my hobby) and I added 5 to my collection last year not because I wanted them but because I may need them. So much has been going down these last few years. My fear is being caught unarmed and unprepared far more than the nanny state keeping me from buying something.

W. B. I agree. I had taken my kids out to the range a few weeks before Katrina hit. My two sons can burn through a lot of ammo in an afternoon at the range. I had a total of 7 bullets for only one of my pistols when Katrina hit. I vowed to myself to never be caught that short again.

What I have is still modest when compared to lots of people. I have a couple of friends that can outfit Seal Team 6 from their stores.

Last edited:

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    I had a total of 7 bullets for only one of my pistols when Katrina hit. I vowed to myself to never be caught that short again.

And that is one reason I started reloading. I can stock up and shoot cheaper than buying factory. When I get down to half my maximum stock, I stop shooting till I reload all the cases. Just finished a bunch of 38 special for my wife and 45acp for myself, currently working on a pile of 9mm to fill my second 30 cal ammo can.

Top Bottom