Just took CCW class yesterday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I'm glad finally get my CCW class over with. Now just have to get the other stuff and send off my packet this week and then...........I WAIT....:(

But hopefully it will come in fast:rolleyes:

I got to spend a few more rounds through my Glock. Just over 2 weeks old to me and 185 rounds through it. 80 of them today.

One thing I was surprised though was the targets that we shot at in the CCW class. I was expecting to have to hit a certain circle on the target but they said that it just had to be in the black silhouette. I think I managed

While at the 6 foot line, I was going to shoot a smiley face on the head (as seen in Lethal Weapon......hey, it's still in the black) but I looked and the backstop wasn't high enough and I didn't want to shoot over it, so just center mass.

I think I jerked a bit at the 15 foot line

Overall, I'm happy with this start. I'm coming from handling only rifles and only this month I shot my first semi-automatic handgun and only sparingly fired revolvers before. So I'll see where I can go from here even though this was all relaxed shooting, no adrenalyn pumping IDPA or anything, just taking your time.

Dammit, is my CCW permit here yet? :cool:

Last edited:

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    DO NOT chase the hole!!!! It gets really expensive and causes massive headaches. :D

But don't get in no hurry for the permit if your mailing it in. May as well just forget about it for a couple months. Next time I have to do it, I'm just gonna take the day and go their in person like I've heard of others doing with better results.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Drive to BR and turn your app in in person and have your prints taken digitally. That speeds things along. Otherwise, it will be a couple of months. Mine took 13 weeks from submission in late January this year.

wickedinhere

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Kinder
    I am going to be taking the class at the end of this month and was wondering about the shooting distances. You mentioned 6 and 15 foot did you have to shoot at other distances?
    My wife will be taking the class also and i want her to be prepared to shoot and different distances. Thanks

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am going to be taking the class at the end of this month and was wondering about the shooting distances. You mentioned 6 and 15 foot did you have to shoot at other distances?
    My wife will be taking the class also and i want her to be prepared to shoot and different distances. Thanks

36 rounds total.

12 rounds with one reload at 6 feet

12 rounds with one reload at 10 feet

12 rounds with one reload at 15 feet

No time limit. 100% hits on NRA B-27 Target(my class) Some classes use different targets. NRA classes are not allowed to shoot at human silhouette

Top Bottom