just wondering

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    Thinking about buying a laser engraving machine for engraving lower receivers for NFA sbr and sps. there is nobody in south east Louisiana that i can find that does this type of engraving. just trying to figure out if its worth the $35,000 it cost to get the machine. please let me know if it would be something people here would be willing to have done and what you would be willing to pay?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Thinking about buying a laser engraving machine for engraving lower receivers for NFA sbr and sps. there is nobody in south east Louisiana that i can find that does this type of engraving. just trying to figure out if its worth the $35,000 it cost to get the machine. please let me know if it would be something people here would be willing to have done and what you would be willing to pay?

There are programs now that negate the need for this, I would be leery of that investment. Further, if you do buy a lower that needs further work, many Jewelers can do it.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    If it could do high end custom engraving it might be worth the money. But to do simple lettering, no. Are you talking about opening a 'Things Remembered' in the mall? Then maybe it would pay for itself. Not enough customers in the sbr/class 3 market in the entire country to cover that expense.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I have a friend about to graduate from tech with his electrical engineering degree, we have discussed getting one of these, if you can find software to operate it one of the cheap ebay korean ones that cost $300 can be upgraded for about $400 to a decent machine that would be great for lowers handguns and other small gun parts/knives

Top Bottom