Kahr cm series

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Does anyone have any experience with the kahr cm series? Playing with the idea of getting one for a bug. Leaning towards cm9, but if someone has something good to say about the cm40, I'm listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I have the CM9. I like it a lot. It's my go to gun for easy pocket carry. Maybe 300 or 400 rounds through it. It's been reliable but that's hardly a torture test.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    I have the CM9. I like it a lot. It's my go to gun for easy pocket carry. Maybe 300 or 400 rounds through it. It's been reliable but that's hardly a torture test.

That's mainly what I'm looking at, is for pocket carry.do you have a laser or upgraded sights on it? And what kind of accuracy can you attain with it?

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    That's mainly what I'm looking at, is for pocket carry.do you have a laser or upgraded sights on it? And what kind of accuracy can you attain with it?

No I hate lasers. Sights are good enough for what it is. I've never grouped it. It's good enough for head shots at 10 yards. Mostly practice a pocket draw and 6 shots either on one target or 3 on each of two targets at about 7 yards. Good enough for me.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Cool, as long as 7yd accuracy is decent. Would you mind posting some pics of your rig?

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I find posting photos a little bit of a pain but I just use the stock cm9 with a Desantis nemisis pocket holster. I've tried the nice leather pocket holsters and don't like them as much. I've carried many different guns and find I'm really lazy and anything that isn't easy just doesn't get carried. I wish I had the patience and ability to strap on a full size gun with a flashlight like many here but i've tried all the different holsters and never find myself comfortable. I do occasionally carry my G26 in a comptac iwb appendix carry.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Yeah I typically carry my g27 in a crossbreed super tuck deluxe, but would like something I can throw in my pocket of a quick run to the store etc.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I have a CM9 carried in a Nemisis and it works great for any pocket, printing is dependent upon alot of factors. For a small gun I find it to be very accurate, I can easily shoot plates at 10 yards strong-hand. A little bigger than a LCP but feels much better than a .380.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Yeah I've looked at their .380. I believe it is the cw380. I'm just not really sold on the .380. I realize it's better than nothing, but for the same size gun, I can have a ballistically superior round.

SigGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have the cm9. carries well, but have not felt comfortable enough with the trigger to carry it. Probably, 350-400 rounds so far without an issue. Prefer Glock and HK for carry... That said, its a great gun and some people love the trigger.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Shot my friend's kahr cw9 a couple of weekends ago.... The trigger is impressive, very, and I mean very, smooth, with a nice clean break. I'm hoping Kahr will one day start producing larger capacity handguns.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Shot my friend's kahr cw9 a couple of weekends ago.... The trigger is impressive, very, and I mean very, smooth, with a nice clean break. I'm hoping Kahr will one day start producing larger capacity handguns.

Well I'm sure many agree with you on them producing larger capacity guns, but I doubt they will ever. Glock has that niche pretty well covered and then you have the other big name companies that have their high cap polymer frames. I think kahr realizes their niche is in slim, single stacks and they can't compete with some of the bigger names. All this talk has me itching to shoot one though.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Well I'm sure many agree with you on them producing larger capacity guns, but I doubt they will ever. Glock has that niche pretty well covered and then you have the other big name companies that have their high cap polymer frames. I think kahr realizes their niche is in slim, single stacks and they can't compete with some of the bigger names. All this talk has me itching to shoot one though.

You are most likely correct sir. Sig, Springfield, Taurus, Glock, S&W, FNH, CZ, and on, and on... Every one of these gun makers offers a higher capacity gun. On the other hand, what does Kahr have to lose? It's not like the niche of single stacks is not crowded already.

On the trigger though... It's long. But you don't notice it due to its... Did I mention it being smooth? ;)

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    That does seem to be the consensus on the trigger from everything I've read. Only time will tell.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    I'm itching to buy one, but this break-in period of 200 rounds concerns me a bit. It's not like its a lot of rounds to begin with... But... My friend's cw9 FTFed on me in a rather nasty way. Would not release the mag and the slide was locked pretty much in the open position and would not budge either way.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    That's really the only thing that has me slightly hesitant, is a break in. No so much as ammo cost on top of cost of the gun but the fact that it requires a break in. Then again it may just be a cya thing in case they have one that has some initial issues to save their reputation so to speak.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom