Kahr cm series

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Check out the Kahr forums, they have a lot of info on the break in. I followed one of the posters suggestions to clean, lube, and do some light polishing before shooting. I think I had one Fail to Feed in the first 200 rounds, no issues since. The one problem was with the 7rd mag and there were reports that they weren't as reliable. Since then I've done all my shooting with the 6rd. Mine is the CM9. I found it too big for pocket carry and use an IWB from pjholsters. Trigger takes some getting used to, more like a double action revolver than a crisp striker fired auto. If I was buying today I might get the sheild instead.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    I think it's a personal preference. A coworker just got the shield, about the size/width of cw9. The trigger is short and crisp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have both a CM9 and PM9. Bought the CM9 for my wife based on how much I loved the PM9.

They're both phenomenal guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I bought a CM9 and carry it in a nemesis as well. Took it from my purchase point straight to the range and had zero issues. Probably have 300-400ish rounds through it now, and the only hiccup I had was trying to slingshot the first round after about 100 rounds. While I can do that now that the gun is broken in, the manual does say to use the slide stop to load the first round. That's what I get for "knowing better than the manufacturer."

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Had a pm9. Sold it. Although the manual states the gun is safe to dry fire, it is not safe to dry fire in significant amounts. I broke the firing pin twice dry firing it. KAHR twice refused to cover the cost of repair. I ended up repairing it a third time and selling it.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Had a pm9. Sold it. All the manuals the food is safe to drive far it is not safe to dry fire in significant amounts. I broke the firing pin twice dry firing it. KAHR twice refused to cover the cost of repair. I ended up repairing it a third time and selling it.

The food is safe to drive far? What does that mean?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom