Kahr P40

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jvigne1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I find myself checking out the Kahr P40 recently. I've handled and dry fired a PM40 and I love the Kahr trigger, and I was wondering if anyone owned the larger frame model or has any experience with it.

TonyT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    I carry the Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster and have shot ca 500 rounds throught it with total reliability. The gun is surprisingly accurate for a short barreled 9mm. I find that my wrist notices that I have shot 50 rounds of 9mm through that light gun. I don't know if I would purchase a PM40 unless I had the opportunity to fire 50 full power loads. Perhaps you can find a gun range that rents out the PM-40.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have a CW 9 and a PM 9 and both have been 100% reliable and accurate for the size of the gun.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I find that my wrist notices that I have shot 50 rounds of 9mm through that light gun. I don't know if I would purchase a PM40 unless I had the opportunity to fire 50 full power loads. Perhaps you can find a gun range that rents out the PM-40.

The PM45 teaches you to keep a straight wrist and a firm grip. The checkering on the backstrap makes hamburger out of your palm at about 200 same day rounds. Still, damn fine gun, concealable and enough punch. At least until they make a PM46.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    My PM9, MK9 and CW40 have been flawless. I don't carry the CW40 as I own a G27 which gives me a little more firepower for just the smallest tradeoff in size.

T&TGu

tommy
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Maurice
    The T9 is also a nice gun. kahr got it right with the design. It lets the point of aim fall right in line like it should. It just takes getting used to the first round pull of the dao.

Top Bottom