Kalifornia transplants to North Carolina crying over dead trees

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    633874292546525405-ericcartman.jpg

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Would theyscream and cry over this?
    [YOUTUBE]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXo-jU-IBI&feature=related[/ame]
    [/YOUTUBE]
    He He

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I was working (installing networks) at a strip mall in Colorado and there was a lady from a landscaping company planting flowers in a divider between two walkways, and this guy cuts across the corner with a wheel barrow and smooshes a pansy. This old hippie lady starts crying and had a funeral for the flower right there. I called my shop and pleaded with them to get me the F out-o-there. In boulder they felt bad because they didn't have any homeless people so they imported them gave them all nice Jansport sleeping bags and packs and they would sleep on the sidewalks at night but had to leave and not be seen during the day. It was crazy you'd be seeing these 60 year old hippies in tie dyed shirts riding skate boards ,... could not handle it, had to go.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmTNJdgZWhM&feature=related[/ame]

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Seriously though. Where does ones mindset have to be to think that, to cry over trees.

How comfortable and isolated a life does one have to be in? I bet these people would freeze rather than start a fire, if they could start one that is.

I mean, what do they eat if they are crying over wood?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Would they scream and cry over this?

He He

I saw that thing on Modern Marvels, the newer ones have 4 huge tires on stilts that can raise up and down independently so thins thing can move in, around and back out of the woods making no roads taking select trees with a minimal environmental impact. Pretty awesome piece of equipment.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I saw that thing on Modern Marvels, the newer ones have 4 huge tires on stilts that can raise up and down independently so thins thing can move in, around and back out of the woods making no roads taking select trees with a minimal environmental impact. Pretty awesome piece of equipment.

You dont even need that, modern loggers using BMP practices with skidders and harvesters barely leave a mark. We had some property thinned and two years later the only way you can tell they were there was the turnaround they made on a hilltop. All stumps are cut ground level, no ruts, no trash. Before the area wa a pine barren with no deer or turkey sign. Now since the sunlight gets through, the understory has sprung up and now we see a lot more deer sign. We even had a prescribed burn done this spring, killed all the wax myrtles and even more understory has sprouted providing more wildlife habitat.

The truth of the matter is that a logged forest is way more beneficial to to wildlife, and man, than "old growth" or unmanaged property.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Best line

... bring me to this rock that has the most incredible life

That about sums it up right there.

The response from the tree

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIULIJxVr7A&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited: