Kayaking fans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    I finally got my kayak, and I'm looking for some good places to try it out around Baton Rouge aside from the LSU lakes.

I have Bayou Plaquemine right by home, and in fact I think the kayak is going in it tonight....

Good spots anyone can share? Suggestions and advice on put in locations on local waterways etc?

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I love Lake Martin below Breaux Bridge and we hit alot of the local rivers and bayous all over. Cane bayou next to Fountainbleu state park is nice, as you paddle into Lake Ponchatrain, and we go to Deer Island off of the coast of Biloxi quite often. We need to hook up and i'll show you some spots

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Go to Lake Martin in Breaux Bridge. It's kinda like a mini Lake Verret. Good fishing around the cypress trees and the scenery is beautiful. It's worth the hour trip from your house plus they have some good eats in the town of Breaux Bridge. If you want a summertime trip head down to Grand Isle and fish the rock piles in the bay. We had a great year last year and put some tremendous trout and flounder in the fridge. We caught fish from April to August. We took our bay boat out only one time because we did so well on the rock piles. We paddle out to the rock pile and tie the yaks up and sit on the rocks. Be there at sun up and fish til 9 or 10 am then head back to the camp. My wife and I enjoy the living hell out it and many days she catches more fish than me. Naturally I let her but don't tell I said that.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Cane bayou off 190 near Fontainebleu State Park directly across from the fire station. Nice launch. Easy paddle out Into the lake. Also anywhere in the spillway off of the Rama exit.

If you're into saltwater fishing, shoot me a PM and I'll give you some productive kayak launches.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    What kind did you get?

It's a starter kayak, a Pelican Freedom 100. I'm not really looking to fish out of it, I just want to ride the water under my own power.

Stinkysix, I'm game. I'm a big fan of Biloxi and Lake Ponchatrain. I intend to take the kayak on it next time I go camping in that area of the state.

What type do you guys have?

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    Cane bayou off 190 near Fontainebleu State Park directly across from the fire station. Nice launch. Easy paddle out Into the lake. Also anywhere in the spillway off of the Rama exit.

If you're into saltwater fishing, shoot me a PM and I'll give you some productive kayak launches.

Fountainebleu SP is a favorite spot, I'll have to try that spot across from the fire station.

tashle1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Pointe coupee
    Big Alabama and little Alabama bayous on Sherburne wma ought to be good in a couple of weeks (if it ever stops raining). The water is still way to high right now. People are catching bass right now in canals on either end of false river. You can launch at begeron's and that whole canal is a no wake zone. A helpful site for kayak fishing is bckfc.org

Top Bottom