Kel Tec and Kahr-BR dealers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Which two are you looking to compare? I don't know anywhere that has both but I have the Kel Tec PF9 and the Kahr PM9 on the chance that those two were the ones you wanted to look at side by side.

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Looking to see new Kel Tecs and possibly purchase. Don't know who sells Kel Tec within and hour of BR? Thanks for the offer to compare. K:)

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Louisiana Gun & Reloading Supply on Jefferson is a stocking Kahr dealer, and good folks to deal with. I've got a Kahr CW9 if you want to take a look first.

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    thanks for the offer Csbutton, I've been able to see the Kahrs in person, but not the Kel Tecs. Thanks anyway.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If Lipsey's has them, than Larry at Louisiana Gun and Reloading will go pick it up while you wait. He usually takes less than 10 minutes to go and come back with your firearm. His prices are almost always better than Jim's. I wouldn't wipe my butt with Hebert.

Dave

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    but you can buy two kel-tecs for the price of a kahr pull them both out and one is bound to shoot.:) yea kahr is definitely better quality but it all depends on what your looking to do.. i have a kel-tec pf9 but im looking into a kahr pm40 not to replace the kel-tec just to aid.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    but you can buy two kel-tecs for the price of a kahr pull them both out and one is bound to shoot.:) yea kahr is definitely better quality but it all depends on what your looking to do.. i have a kel-tec pf9 but im looking into a kahr pm40 not to replace the kel-tec just to aid.

I do not know Kel Tec prices but you can buy a Kahr CW series NIB in the $425 range.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    it was 300 for the kelk tec. i have a Springfield for my dependable firearm.. keltec was just a impulse buy, had some cash in my pocket when i went to the gun shop.
    nah my cars have falken and nitto on them. they had a pm 40 at the shop but i kinda like the cw better.. once i finish converting my shotgun into a tactical its either gonna be an ar a ak or the cw or possibly a 45 i have no clue what i want

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    it was 300 for the kelk tec. i have a Springfield for my dependable firearm.. keltec was just a impulse buy, had some cash in my pocket when i went to the gun shop.
    nah my cars have falken and nitto on them. they had a pm 40 at the shop but i kinda like the cw better.. once i finish converting my shotgun into a tactical its either gonna be an ar a ak or the cw or possibly a 45 i have no clue what i want

Confused?

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    How about have a dependable firearm?

I'll bet you put Douglas tires on your ride too....

Continentals on my car. Not Goodyear eagles. They seem to work pretty well. I guess the only cheap firearm you like is the GLOCK? Mr High and Mighty H&K kool aid drinker. :)

Dave

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette

Confused?

no not confused i just like guns. When i have extra money i like to buy them or stuff for them. they had a kahr pm 40 at the gun shop where i bought my keltec i held it but it was a little small for me. so i bought the kel tec. i didnt realize they made a finger extension for the kahr till i started looking online then i saw the cw. i like it a little better than the pm. i have too many projects going on right now so once at least one of them is finished ill wither want to ge a kahr. 40 a 1911 an ar or ak. ill probably be getting them all unsure of what order or when.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The keltec quality control has been lacking. But their designs are spot on, after all ruger found one good enough to steal. To be fair I'm partial to the keltec's because that's what lower build cost polymer frame handguns should cost. I doubt there's a 65% profit margin in a Keltec for the manufacturer.

Dave

Last edited:

David W Clark

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    :)Who sells them in the BR area? I know Jim's has Kahr, but very few.
    thanks!
    K
    Hello K,

Accurate Firearms accross Florida Blvd from the old Baton Rouge Police supplies on Florida, between Monterray Blvd and Oak Villa.

Ask for Mr Pat or Brian. They carry both and have the best prices that I have found on all their guns.

Plus, a big benifit is they know their customers by name. Great small family business and great customer service.

David W Clark

Top Bottom