Kel-tec PF9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Bought the keltec pf9 from The Arms Merchant in Mandeville a few weeks ago for a secondary carry gun when I bike/jog. Finally got a chance to take it to the range this weekend and man am I disapointed, shot about 75 rounds and had 2 rounds not fire (primer had a strike mark but didn't go) then had the slide lock open after a few rounds because it tried to load a round on top the previous shell it didnt extract fully. The two rounds that didn't fire were Independence brand, the one that didn't eject was PMC. I plan to take it back to the range and put another 100 or so rounds through it to see what happens but at this point I don't trust it to carry. If it proves to be unreliable I am unsure what steps to take with it, should I send it to kel-tec for repair?
    On a side note I had a fantastic buying experience at the Arms Merchant, the two guys behind the counter (I think the older gentleman was the owner) were courteous and helpful. On top of the great buying experience I learned that they are a class 3 dealer now and have a few supressors in stock.

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    try changing ammo...my brothers pf9 was pretty reliable with winchester white box...but i'm not sure what defensive rounds would be reliable .....i hated to shoot the gun, it had terrible trigger slap on my shooting finger

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try. I actually found it pretty comfortable to shoot, its definitely snappy but it has a good feel in my hand. I have read numerous complaints about the recoil tearing up fingers in the trigger guard but it wasn't an issue for me.

cottonmouth

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    I've heard nothing but great things about the customer service from Kel-tec, even from people who didn't care much for the PF9 in the long run..so I would definitely hit them up and see what they suggest. I know a few of the subcompact 9mm now days have a list of ammo brands that the company will specifically tell you not to use because it just doesn't cycle well in the gun, as well as a list of what brands WILL cycle consistently. Not sure if they've done that with the PF9 but its worth asking.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Don't have any experience wight the PF9 but my experience with their customer service has been great. A while back I broke a spring and lost another tiny part in my P32 while disassembling it just for the hell of it (it's a PITA to do). This gun is about 5 yrs old. I called them up and told them what happened. Without asking for serial #, purchase date or anything else they just said give me your name and mailing address and we will ship these out to you today for no charge.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    I had a couple FTE's with my PF9 in the first 200 rounds. Since then, it's been fine. Only other FTE was with my wife shooting it, and she has a very weak grip. She can't cycle the slide. So far, I'm happy with it and carry it everywhere(everywhere legal).
    WWB at the range, but every other brand I tried worked too.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Bought the keltec pf9 from The Arms Merchant in Mandeville a few weeks ago for a secondary carry gun when I bike/jog. Finally got a chance to take it to the range this weekend and man am I disapointed, shot about 75 rounds and had 2 rounds not fire (primer had a strike mark but didn't go) then had the slide lock open after a few rounds because it tried to load a round on top the previous shell it didnt extract fully. The two rounds that didn't fire were Independence brand, the one that didn't eject was PMC. I plan to take it back to the range and put another 100 or so rounds through it to see what happens but at this point I don't trust it to carry. If it proves to be unreliable I am unsure what steps to take with it, should I send it to kel-tec for repair?
    On a side note I had a fantastic buying experience at the Arms Merchant, the two guys behind the counter (I think the older gentleman was the owner) were courteous and helpful. On top of the great buying experience I learned that they are a class 3 dealer now and have a few supressors in stock.

They do that the first few times until they see the opportunity to REALLY screw you over.

Send it straight back to Kel tec. No need for a FFL between maker and customer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom