Kel-Tec PMR-30 - Anyone have or shot one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It looks like what the FiveSeveN pistol should look like in terms of cost. Plus the 5.7 round is just a redesigned 22 mag anyway. They did it to make more money.

Dave

I'd love to hear some local first hand experiences too.

jemayeux

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Beaumont, TX
    My understanding is that the 22 magnum (rimfire) in a pistol will not be reliable, until manufactors come out with appropriate ammo for them. The current 22 mag ammo is a slow burning powder (for rifles), which has caused reliability problems for the 22 mag pistol of the past.

And most of the ballistic ammo that compares the 5.7 to the 22 mag is comparing FN's pistol to the 22 mag's ballistics out of a rifle.

I looked into buying the Grendel in 22 mag a while back and this is what I found.

I would love to add a 22 mag auto loader to the safe though.

Just my .02

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I used to own a Grendal when they came out back in 92. It shot okay and functioned fine until one day it went full auto on me. It quit when I let off on the trigger. I pulled back the slide to check it and when I let it down to chamber another round it fired and then the slide came back and then off the slide rails. I sent it back to Grendal and they fixed it but I never trusted it after that and got rid of it.
    I think I may have to try this new Kel Tec pistol. It looks beefier and they seem to be testing it out a lot more before they release it to the public.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom