Kel Tec Sub 2000? Thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Ok, the wife saw one at the last show and wants one. Thinking about the one that takes Glock mags. Got me to rethinking the whole UZI for a 4 wheeler gun thing. What do the end user/owners say? Tapping into the BS brain trust again............. Sould I lay down the green? I only want one if they run and last under hard use.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've looked at them many times. I always felt they would make a great truck gun. I want one for s&w mags though. I've never come across one when I had the extra money to spend though... Just one of those timing things.
    From what I've read they are fine for light use. They are not milsurp though... I don't think I'd use one for a carbine class without bringing a spare gun.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    They are great for just a fun gun, but not for competition. They run good and are a lot of fun to shot, but hard to find like typical Kel-Tec weapons. But on the plus side the lifetime warranty and customer service is great if you ever need it. I would buy one if I had the cash.

Bam Bam

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    bam, there's a keltec you don't have? :)

Bosco, have you thought about trying to mount a generic fiber optic? You could drill out the plastic original sight and epoxy in one. If you screw it up its probably easy enough to revert back to original.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I owned one for 24 hours and did nit like the sight. Shooting targets at 100yds is very hard with a sight that large. If you replace the sight, then you loose the ability to fold, which voids the purpose of it.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    This is not mine just a pic I found. But I like the fact that it can still fold in half, it can now easily unfold with one hand, and you get rid of that horrible, horrible front sight. Not big on the colors or the flashlight but I love this set up.

sub2kcustom.jpg

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Wanted one for ever, finally bought one. It sucks I been thinking about selling it but I wanted it to long.

Say, you holding out on me? If its a g22 mag I'll buy it when you decide to dump it. That's f-ed up. What's wrong with it? Why does "it suck"? Ease share with the group:)

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Own 6 of them..3 glock 40s and 2 glock 9s and 1 beretta 9,,,

No issues on sight.You just have to take and adjust it.Once they are adjusted PROPERLY..
    They work fine and hold true..100 yard groups at around 2-3 inches.Pretty good I say for a
    folding kewl gun,and yes,wife and daughter have 1 each and love them....The after market
    31 and 33 rd glock mags are cheap at $9.95 each.You cant buy that kind of fun,,Every
    shooting trip we take,,2-3 subs,,,a sp89 ,,,2 dracos and 3 bullpups...Fun and uhhh More fun.....

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    It's a really light, compact carbine that takes the same mags as my glock 17. Hitting out to 100 is possible but I don't see that being the purpose for it. I take mine camping with us since I can load it in a laptop case and no one is the wiser. As long as it is used for what it was intended for I don't think you can honestly beat them.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    They SUCK! I am SO glad I sold mine. In fact, if anyone has one that Takes S&W Magazines I will pay them for it so they don't have to suffer through it like I did! Anyone? PLEASE?!?!?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like the fact that they take Glock mags, and the fact that they fold up very compact. Other than that I'm not that impressed with them. For the role they'd fill for me (trunk gun) I'd rather an AKMS. Same compactness, can be fired folded and a real rifle caliber. :dunno:

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I like the fact that they take Glock mags, and the fact that they fold up very compact. Other than that I'm not that impressed with them. For the role they'd fill for me (trunk gun) I'd rather an AKMS. Same compactness, can be fired folded and a real rifle caliber. :dunno:

Oh your just a ak-head!

I love the ak for a truck gun, to me it doesnt get any better than a folder behind or under the seat. Next would be a draco or simular pistol ak.

However to me this is not so much the role for a sub2k to play. I like the subbie in the backpack/B.O.B. role, with the side arm that use the same mags.
    The weight and compactness when folded is better suited for a bug-out/get home role. IMO

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    O.K., if anyone has one for Glock mags, let me know. She wants one in 9mm as soon as funds become available.

If momma is not happy, nobody is...........................................................................................

She is O.K. with marginal sights for what it is.

Top Bottom