Keltek Bullpup Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Boyce, Louisiana
    I see that Keltek is selling both a 223/5.56 and a 308 rifle in a bullpup. Would really like some information from folks that own one or have had the chance to shoot one. I have a Trevor 223 but it is so heavy and the trigger had to be rebuilt because of the long travel. Also I would think that they would be ultra loud with such a short barrel. Also would like some information on the price range and where you have seen them as they seem somewhat rare on dealers shelf's. Any input to help me make a decision on buying one will be really appreciated.:):):):):)

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Barrel length will be over 16" on any of these bullpup rifles to make them leagal, so they will be no louder than any other rifle with the same length barrel in the same caliber. The muzzle will be physically closer to your ears due to the bullpup design. Brake/comp/flashhider will make a difference to how you hear the sound, as they can direct the muzzle blast.

If you are not happy with the Tavor (guessing you did not mean Trevor?) trigger I have a feeling you will not like the Keltec either.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I like my RDB alot. It has a 17" barrel. Its a wonderful suppressor host. Its trigger is probably the best of all the bullpups I have laid hands on. (Thats quite a few, I sell guns for a living. Lol) I have only seen 3 or 4 RDBs to date. This is also one of the truly ambidextrous bullpups on the market also. My distributors never have them in stock but thats not too surprising... it is Keltec were talking about. lm most defintely a keltec fan. I have an appreciation for the innovation yet affordable aspect of many of their products. Theres not too many other manufacturers doing what they are doing at the prices offered.

cjaXKWV.jpg

gGeaw01.jpg

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I removed the return spring on my Tavor. It helped a little but I would suggest getting a aftermarket trigger. It hasn’t effected the function but I haven’t really run it hard yet. I do plan on replacing the trigger. If it was a go-to Gun I would put the spring back in. The trigger is nasty but it’s fine for social work.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I have fired both the Travor and the Keltec RDB. I'd prefer the RDB over the Travor. The trigger is better.

That said, I am no expert on rifles. I'm a handgunner.

I work, Part Time, at Shootwise in Gretna. The manager there, Ryan, is a fan of the KelTec bullpups. He will generally keep one or two in stock. Right now we have a RFB, .308 Win, in stock.
    http://www.shootwise.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_105_139&products_id=1260

I have not fired the RFB, but I think Ryan has a video of them shooting one.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Shootwise+RFB

Top Bottom