Kenner Gun Show this weekend (Jan 26 / 27)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    ... I would like to think that the long lines are due to people showing up in order to demonstrate support for the 2A, but am afraid it's more along the lines of frenzy than anything? Crazy !!!

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would like to know what prices they have on stripped lowers and parts kits? 40 rd mags?

toilet-rape-rape-demotivational-poster-1214379753.jpg

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I would like to know what prices they have on stripped lowers and parts kits? 40 rd mags?
    Polymer stripped lowers were $125 to $150. Metal ones were $300 or $350. I saw a complete polymer lower for $400.

Handguns seemed to be fairly normal, or at least gun show normal. But no G17, G19, G36; some .40 and .45 caliber, but otherwise Glocks are in short supply. The newish Ruger .22 semi auto was there, and the .45 XDMs. I usually see a lot of Kimbers and Springfields, but not as many of any of them this show.

When it comes to AR-15s, magazines, and ammo, it was pretty much bend over and grab your ankles time. ARs were $1500 and up, even pretty much base models. Metal AR mags were $25 to $35, pmags were $40 or more. I saw a ,308 30-round mag for $70. Anything above 20 rounds was pretty much outrageous. Ruger 25 round mag - $50 and up. I wasn't really looking at AK mags but they were heavily marked up just like the AR ones.

I didn't go there for ammo or mags. I got new sights for my G19, a book on reloading, a book on building ARs, and a copy of "Enemies Foreign and Domestic". All that was normal gun show price. A good day to be out of the house (my mother in law is visiting :) ).

The line was long when I arrived at 10 am, but everything was pretty much normal by 11:00. If you plan to go Sunday, wait until 11:00 or so for things to calm down.

Last edited:

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    Thanks all for the input on the Kydex holsters. I'll be at the show early tomorrow as I have to bug out early to get back home, due to the all day Mardi Gras parade schedule.

I'll keep an eye out for the Kydex guy, and I heard there will be a specific person at the show with Kydex. Will have to see how they look.
    Check the NOLATAC booth, and two booths on the far left side -- one was the old glock guy, and the other had a lot of books also selling Fobus holsters. Don't remember any kydex other than those, but I wasn't looking for that.

Top Bottom