Kenner Gun Show- what a shame

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Ok, so in theory maybe so....but he was obviously way over and that was not due to a lack of supply. It was due to greed.

So as a business man you fault him for attempting to squeeze as much money as he can out of what he has, knowing he probably won't be getting too much inventory for the rest of the year?

If I needed x dollars to keep my doors opened and only had half the inventory coming, I'd double the price.

bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    The great thing about America....you don't have to buy it at these prices either.

Many of "us" are also in the "panic" buy mode, we think we need all this ammo and firearms all of a sudden, why didn't we need them when they were plentiful and "cheap".

I use to do the gun show thing, usually had about about 6 tables of all my personal stuff. I always tried selling my stuff at the current going price....granted though I never dealt in new stuff. As more of a collector, I really didn't care about selling though, I was more interested in buying.....the best and most interesting deals were from the people walking in, not from other sellers.... and I did it because I just enjoyed doing it
    The are some that are there to make money....price the stuff to high and the knowledgeable ones will pass you by. I'm sure they must be getting a few not so knowledgeable people buying, the ones still in the "panic, must buy at any cost" mind set. Or they wouldn't be pricing themselves out of the market.

Just look at some of the threads here, there is no one but ourselves to blame, everyone feeling the need to hoard. Now is the time to sell, it's just like the stock market, buy low sell high. If you price your stuff reasonably, right now it sells quickly.
    Just give it awhile, it will be just like the housing bubble.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    So as a business man you fault him for attempting to squeeze as much money as he can out of what he has, knowing he probably won't be getting too much inventory for the rest of the year?

If I needed x dollars to keep my doors opened and only had half the inventory coming, I'd double the price.

There really isnt any reason NOT to just buy what you need from Palmetto, JSE, AIM, Bravo, Winham etc.

Even with shipping you save bigtime compared to going to a gun show.

Palmetto has lowers for 119.00. Why would you pay 3-400 at a gun show?

JSE has everything you need at pre panic prices...Again, why buy local.

I just got 5 stripped upper receivers from Aero Precision for 89.99 ea 3 days ago....why spend 250-300 ea. at a gun show.

No reason to goto a gun show PERIOD. All they do is over charge their patrons, and make the gun community look bad anyway.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I gatta tell ya, that minty Factory Nickle Colt Detective Special I paid $250 for at the Slidell gunshow... sure ripped me off!!!!

Only thing I bought (For me)

But then, I have this ability to DECIDE if I should buy or not!

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There really isnt any reason NOT to just buy what you need from Palmetto, JSE, AIM, Bravo, Winham etc.

Palmetto has lowers for 119.00. Why woukd you pay 3-400 at a gun show?

I just got 5 stripped upper recievers from Aero Precision for 89.99 ea 3 days ago....why spend 250-300 at a gun show.

No reason to goto a gun show PERIOD. All they do is over charge there patrons, and make the gun community look bad anyway.

This X 1000

Lots of merchants are capitalizing on the fear. I don't blame them. I just won't buy from them in the future.

JSE, AIM, and the like are good companies I will support. I've done business with lots of companies before the crazy, and have crossed many off my list.

Gun shows will soon go the way of the Dodo.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    That is not basic supply and demand. I called a dealer in Mississippi that I deal with and was able to secure several bricks of 22 at regular prices. HE is not someone who will RAPE his customer.

If it was basic supply and demand then he would have had people buying it at 120.00 a box. They were not. Everyone that I seen....who seen those prices laughed or cursed them.

Some did have it cheaper.....like 75-90 a box of 550 but that is still crazy.
    Hey PM me the dealers #.I have no 22lr.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm sorry CatCam, I must have misunderstood you. You have a Right, as in an ability granted by god, to take something from someone else at a price they don't want to sell it for? Did I read that correctly?

Ok, I guess I have that right too. I'll take your car for $500 bucks. That's what they sold em for in the 60's, right?

What an asinine comment.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

Palmetto has lowers for 119.00. Why would you pay 3-400 at a gun show?

I just got 5 stripped upper receivers from Aero Precision for 89.99 ea 3 days ago....why spend 250-300 ea. at a gun show.

No reason to goto a gun show PERIOD. All they do is over charge their patrons, and make the gun community look bad anyway.

Very well said. I have never seen the point of going to a gun show to buy even before this. Even then prices were way beyond what you can get most things online for.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I'm sorry CatCam, I must have misunderstood you. You have a Right, as in an ability granted by god, to take something from someone else at a price they don't want to sell it for? Did I read that correctly?

Ok, I guess I have that right too. I'll take your car for $500 bucks. That's what they sold em for in the 60's, right?

What an asinine comment.

Oh no, what I was alluding to is that as much as they have the RIGHT to charge an obscene amount for goods we also have the reciprocal RIGHT not to buy it at that inflated price. In other words, walk away from the vendor.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Oh no, what I was alluding to is that as much as they have the RIGHT to charge an obscene amount for goods we also have the reciprocal RIGHT not to buy it at that inflated price. In other words, walk away from the vendor.

Well ya, they have the right to ask whatever they want, we have the right to laugh in their faces. I don't even go to gunshows anymore, I'm afraid the stupid might be contagious.

Silver03gt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Harvey, LA
    I went to the gun show in Gonzales last month. I will not go back to another one until this stuff settles down. Then again, I still may not go to another one. Also, JSE is an awesome place to buy from. I got my lower from them and they had great customer service and fast shipping.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Well ya, they have the right to ask whatever they want, we have the right to laugh in their faces. I don't even go to gunshows anymore, I'm afraid the stupid might be contagious.

Exactly!!....and yes, stupid IS contagious, the folks paying $600 for a 1,000 rounds of 9mm FMJ, same stuff I got back in October for $200! Like I said, I'm laying low until this thing passes over. When prices/availability stabilize (and they will) I'll purchase supplies/ammo, etc.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I saw .22, .40, 762x39 and more in Walmart the other day at normal prices. It didn't last long. I'm not goin to waste my time at a gun show for a while. It sucks that it has come to this, but that is supply and demand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom