Kenner gun show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    Anyone attending with some feedback? I was planning on it but not after what I heard about the one in Gonzales. So updates are appreciated!

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    I saw a picture of the line to get in. Looked like a few hundred people easy. The person I know who took the pic didn't stop, looked like chaos.

johnnybravo2550

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    Go Tommorrow when the prices are lower.. I bought 3 metal ar 15 mags for 50 bucks and a reflex sight.. My buddy bought an ar for 1300$ .. Right after they raised the price to 1700$ for the same weapon lol... Everything over priced.. People still Paying 1$ per round!

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    With lines 3 to 5 times longer then normal and panic pricing I think I will pass. Plus, Fox8 news said Kenner PD will be in the parking lot with "license plate detection cameras" recording the plates of "every vehicle" that enters the lot. They say it's to stop criminals from buying... I say it's to track every person that goes. Like a criminal has a trackable license plate in the first place?? WTF?? They are so freaking out of touch with the way crime works, it's no wonder they can't get a grip on stopping it.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    With lines 3 to 5 times longer then normal and panic pricing I think I will pass. Plus, Fox8 news said Kenner PD will be in the parking lot with "license plate detection cameras" recording the plates of "every vehicle" that enters the lot. They say it's to stop criminals from buying... I say it's to track every person that goes. Like a criminal has a trackable license plate in the first place?? WTF?? They are so freaking out of touch with the way crime works, it's no wonder they can't get a grip on stopping it.

I respect your thoughts, but I'm this instance I think it's crime prevention as well a criminal detection... You'd be surprised what comes up when you drag the net..

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I respect your thoughts, but I'm this instance I think it's crime prevention as well a criminal detection... You'd be surprised what comes up when you drag the net..

How is that? Criminals go to gun shows and fill out 4473? Scanning the parking lot does what? You find a plate that thx owner has a warrant or attachment maybe? Can you even take them in w/o any probable cause? Can convicted felons enter the gun show?

roger66

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Slidell
    Got there at 11 and walked right in.It was crowded,but not crazy.Alot more people then a regular show,but not as bad as I thought it would be.Got a M&P 9 which I didn't think i would find.When I left about 12:30 the line to get in was huge.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    How is that? Criminals go to gun shows and fill out 4473? Scanning the parking lot does what? You find a plate that thx owner has a warrant or attachment maybe? Can you even take them in w/o any probable cause? Can convicted felons enter the gun show?

All plate numbers put into database.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Plate numbers ???? Come on you act like everything you say, write or comment on in here couldnt be put in a data base. There is nothing more public than the internet !! Bornjurno !!! LOL

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.

The bad guys are gonna be driving stolen cars or have bogus plates. Even if a plate is real it's going to be registered to someone else. That's the way they roll, not like the rest of us law abiding citizens.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The bad guys are gonna be driving stolen cars or have bogus plates. Even if a plate is real it's going to be registered to someone else. That's the way they roll, not like the rest of us law abiding citizens.

No, they send their girlfriends to buy their stuff at the gun show. Everyone knows that.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

If there is a warrant for arrest that is all the cause needed.. No the criminals don't fill out the forms.. Felons are not supposed to be around firearms period, but let's face it they never follow the law that's why they are felons..

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

Well, if the car is stolen, then the occupants go to jail..

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder

You dont have front plates...back into your parking spot.

Top Bottom