kids and fishing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    my daughter got a bunch of fishing stuff for her birthday over the summer,and i went out and got some rods and reals but its been year since i fished and it was always with my uncle in his boat,,,,are there any places to do some decent bank fishing some catfish and brim..im in gonzales area soooo any info to put her on some fish when it warms up will be helpful,,thanks

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    im on my phone right now, but i think if you search the threads this topic might have been covered. it was good info if i recall. could have been on louisianasportsman.com

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Taking kids fishing is one of my favorite things. If yall want to come catch some trout with me one day just let me know. Just pick a day. I usually end up going on Sundays, but Saturday is doable as well. I usually only need a few days notice. I go out of Hopedale and this time of year its a short boat ride to the fish.

This offer goes out to just about anyone on here. I end up going by myself sometimes because no one wants to or can go.

My ride.

IMG_1620.JPG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Very nice boat man, I am actually looking for one for my parents right now, but it's for their house in South Carolina and I am going to find one up there. I have missed having a powerboat since I sold my old boat years back. I haven't been fishing in forever either too. Luckily I am going to find some time to go bass fishing while visiting my parents in South Carolina.

But yea, I used to love going fishing with my grandfather when I was little. My dad and uncle have taken me some too. Fishing when I was little was probably one of my favorite things to do. It should definitely be a good time for you and your daughter.

Can't really think of any areas to fish in the Gonzalez area though, sorry.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Taking kids fishing is one of my favorite things. If yall want to come catch some trout with me one day just let me know. Just pick a day. I usually end up going on Sundays, but Saturday is doable as well. I usually only need a few days notice. I go out of Hopedale and this time of year its a short boat ride to the fish.

This offer goes out to just about anyone on here. I end up going by myself sometimes because no one wants to or can go.

My ride.

IMG_1620.JPG

I am all with you after the holidays. I like reds more than the trout but as long as you can teach me how to clean them I'm good.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    my daughter got a bunch of fishing stuff for her birthday over the summer,and i went out and got some rods and reals but its been year since i fished and it was always with my uncle in his boat,,,,are there any places to do some decent bank fishing some catfish and brim..im in gonzales area soooo any info to put her on some fish when it warms up will be helpful,,thanks

Where are you located? There's a nice stocked pond at the Waddill Refuge on Foster Rd in Baton Rouge. I think all you can keep are catfish. Bass, Crappie and Bream have to be thrown back.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    im in st.amant so baton rouge would work fine...

owen thats a great offer,i think im gonna start her on bank fishing incase its not her thing,,that way were not out on the water having to listen to a boared 7yr old,,i figure a few spur of the moment short trips will get her excited about fishin and teach her you dont always catch.....

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Yup. Was a bow rider but some guy years ago changed it to a center console. It's got a deeper draft than a bay boat, but I can take the family in comfort out to the islands and places where a bay boat can't. Fun ride trumps fishing in my...ummm...boat.

After Christmas it's getting some work done. The engine runs fine but I need a second battery and I would like to re-paint the deck with some new non-skid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Antho88
    Top Bottom