Kids met their first TV "star" today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Wife took the boys to Western Sizzlin' in Gonzales today. As they were sitting there, a man walks in the door and Louis says "Hey mom, that's Mr. Troy from Swamp People." Sure enough, she turns around and it is him. My boys were absolutely star-struck. Apparently, they didn't realize that he was real.
    A little while later Louis told his grandmother that he wants to "be a Mr. Troy" when he grows up.
    Wife said he was very down-to-earth and seemed like a good person. I'm just glad he took the time to take the pics with my kids.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Thats great. Glad to see your kids enjoyed it. "Mr. Troy" has to be happy that young Louisianians are watching/learning about a small part of Louisiana culture.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I had dinner with Ted and his family back when I won the Dodge "Think, Don't Drink & Drive" National Collegiate Driving Championship. I places dead in the middle of the top 40 college drivers in the nation (20th place) and I was 33 or so years old at the time! (I went to college AFTER leaving the Navy)

ted.gif

As a kid I met Don Garlets and Polycarp a few times and was filmed at school with my classmates for his Saturday Morning kids show.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Thats pretty cool your kids got to meet a celebrity. Some are rather rude while some are very down to earth. I have meet several celebs when I was working in Atlanta, I was a Merecedes Roadside tech for 11 years. I meet Javier Lopez of the Braves (great guy), Sting the wrestler and most memerable was Morten Anderson and his wife. I was at their home and got a football autographed and a Saints card too, this was while he was playing for the Giants. I can't say enough about how nice he and his wife were to me.

At least you got pics!

Bam Bam

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    I was in Pierre Part this weekend for my grandma's birthday (89) and they were having a fundraiser for the firefighters at the church. Some of the guys from swamp people were there taking pictures. I wanted to get a picture with my son but he's 3 and the line was long so it didn't happen.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I was in Pierre Part this weekend for my grandma's birthday (89) and they were having a fundraiser for the firefighters at the church. Some of the guys from swamp people were there taking pictures. I wanted to get a picture with my son but he's 3 and the line was long so it didn't happen.

THIS

My ex brother in law called me to bring my little boy to Pierre Part so he can meet the crew but he waited till the last minute to let me know and its a 2 hour drive for me, Troy's wife is related to my ex brother in Law's wife so he will try to arrange something for my little man, He wants a pic with him and a Gator LOL!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I attended the NAMM show in the mid 80's in the convention center. I met all the 80's rockers from Brian May of Queen to Eddie Van Halen. As a teenage that wanted to be a rock star that was as good as it gets.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    For a while (or rather, when he was around) I would have daily meetings with this guy, his entourage and other high ranking members...
    x9q50dvtoerd8gb2g6n3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Does this count?

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    What makes y'all think I know who he is;)

Yeah, I later heard from my M-I-L that the 8 yr old now wants to grow up and be a "Mr. Troy"

Between that and my 4 yr old telling me he wants to "go hunting for fish with a bow" when I asked if he wanted to hunt or fish when I take him out next. I think I have my hands full with a couple of up-n-coming avid outdoorsmen.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    What makes y'all think I know who he is;)

Yeah, I later heard from my M-I-L that the 8 yr old now wants to grow up and be a "Mr. Troy"

Between that and my 4 yr old telling me he wants to "go hunting for fish with a bow" when I asked if he wanted to hunt or fish when I take him out next. I think I have my hands full with a couple of up-n-coming avid outdoorsmen.

I was talking about who that is in Nicks picture. :confused:

Top Bottom