Kimber .22 conversion kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Formermonroehand

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Dutchtown
    Does anybody here have a .22 conversion kit for their Kimber (or any other 1911) and if so what round works best? Since purchasing it, the only round I have found that will cycle all 10 rounds is the Stinger and they are kinda pricey.

Formermonroehand

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Dutchtown
    It had no problem cycling the Stingers, but like I said they are a little pricey. It cycled every 10 rd mag of them, but the others, I never cycled a complete mag.

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Thats why i bought a Ruger 22/45 Mark III. Its alil more expensive option but serves same purpose with no fuss or hassle of dealing with the kits for 1911's which i have heard little to no good things about. Might be an option you wanna look into. Best of luck to ya.

230gr

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Jefferson Parish
    I have a .22 cal. conversion for my Kimber. The kit is manufactured by Kimber but I use it on Colts, Rock Islands and Kimbers with no problems. It will cycle with all high velocity .22 that I have used. It did take some breaking in as I recall. Several hundred rounds to cycle all ten rounds consistently. Use oil and keep the slide clean of powder residue.

Top Bottom