Kimber Solo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I handled one at the SHOT show and felt that it would be a huge hit. I no longer remember my like/dislikes seeing how many guns were handled while I was there. Kimber/Ruger/Sig all introduced a compact 9mm. The Sig stood out as a piece of crap.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Since they just came out, it'll probably be awhile before they get into circulation. The guys who own stores will probably be the first to get their hands on em. They look nice though.

~rc~

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I got to play with one recently, it's a lot nicer than I expected but the price is a little steep for my wallet and it only comes with one magazine. I doubt you can buy magazines separately yet, so it's no good for it's intended purpose in my eyes, yet. Although, once market support comes around for it, it could become part of really nice carry rig.

Icabod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Got mine in March. It's back at Kimber for FTE starting at about 500 rds. Thought it was bad ammo but it persisted with most ammo under 147gr. Love the gun. Great carry, accurate, etc. Really hated to send it back.

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Talked to the dude behind the counter at Cabelas this evening. He said they had received one and it sold right away. Said it was a little smaller than the 3 inch Kimber 45, but still way bigger than a Kahr. If so, I fail to see the point. YMMV.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Talked to the dude behind the counter at Cabelas this evening. He said they had received one and it sold right away. Said it was a little smaller than the 3 inch Kimber 45, but still way bigger than a Kahr. If so, I fail to see the point. YMMV.

SOLO is 5.50" X 3.90" and weights 17oz.
    PM9 is 5.42" X 4.00" and weights 14oz.
    The SOLO is .30" wider because of the external safety.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    My boss bought two! Yes, he ordered one, wasn't sure when it would be in, and happened to see one on the shelf somewhere, so he picked it up.

Both have serious problems (FTE, slide locking back after each shot, couldn't get the mag to drop out of one...etc), he's received one back... not sure if he's taken it to the range again. IMHO it's a real POS.

Aaron

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The last time I visited Cabela's in Gonzales they had one on display for you to finger ****. They even left the trigger guard lock off so you could test it. I was thoroughly impressed. When they come out with on hat's all black, I may ave to grab it. I've heard that there may be problems with the current finish cracking though, so I'll give them time to work it out. If Kimber would release one with a Melonite treatment, I would be all over it.

Top Bottom