knife crew, what are you carrying?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    it appears as though i have permanently misplaced my lefty emerson commander so i need a replacement.

lefty is not an issue, per say. i'd prefer something with a wave feature.

go

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Now you know why I sold my Emersons and went back to "economy" Spydercos... less pain when it inevitably grows legs.

Although, I'll confess to a recent yearning to re-acquire a CQC-7. My old Black T'ed Endura is really starting to show its age and hard use. I have a first-run Military, but that bad boy is really too big for casual pocket carry- it was designed as a field pocket blade for military troops wearing BDUs-, and the 440V steel is a real cast-iron beotch to get a good edge on (that's why the newer Militarys use S30V steel).

The problem with Spydercos is that they don't do well when used as a pry bar. They are primo general purpose knives... as long as all you're doing is cutting stuff. If you do a lot of prying, get a tanto-style blade with a chisel edge; more effort to sharpen/keep sharp, but an Emerson or heavy-duty BenchMade won't spring (over-torque) through the scales (handles) when you put a lot of side tension on the blade.

Give me a call; we'll order something together from The Knife Center and save on shipping.

www.knifecenter.com

P.S.: Joel, I haven't forgotten about your blade. Got forty bucks in my pocket with your name on it... ;)

yeah, i don't pry that much. of course, i say that but as soon as i get something i'll need to. :rofl:

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I didn't know you could buy left handed knifes. I've had mine in my right pocket for so long that I'm prolly 3 times faster with my right anyway.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Now you know why I sold my Emersons and went back to "economy" Spydercos... less pain when it inevitably grows legs.

Although, I'll confess to a recent yearning to re-acquire a CQC-7. My old Black T'ed Endura is really starting to show its age and hard use. I have a first-run Military, but that bad boy is really too big for casual pocket carry- it was designed as a field pocket blade for military troops wearing BDUs-, and the 440V steel is a real cast-iron beotch to get a good edge on (that's why the newer Militarys use S30V steel).

The problem with Spydercos is that they don't do well when used as a pry bar. They are primo general purpose knives... as long as all you're doing is cutting stuff. If you do a lot of prying, get a tanto-style blade with a chisel edge; more effort to sharpen/keep sharp, but an Emerson or heavy-duty BenchMade won't spring (over-torque) through the scales (handles) when you put a lot of side tension on the blade.

Give me a call; we'll order something together from The Knife Center and save on shipping.

www.knifecenter.com

P.S.: Joel, I haven't forgotten about your blade. Got forty bucks in my pocket with your name on it... ;)

I know, I know. :D As a matter of fact i'm doing a job at the new coyote blues restaurant (Excellent place to eat btw) on acadian on Monday and Tuesday. I'll PM you Sunday night to confirm, but you could run by there anytime of day and i'll be there.

Oh and spanky, my vote is for a benchmade griptilian.

Top Bottom