Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Came in today. Very very sharp. Very strong lockup. Very smooth for its size. Not a quick opening tactical knife for sure but dayum, the attention to details is impressive. So far, every time I take it out, I notice some other fine detail that has escaped previous attention.

4038041d-5e9d-3181.jpg

Congratulations... That is a great knife... I carry mine daily... She's tough and beautiful...

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Thanks peace. Your information definitly helped me make the decision, both to buy and to go with the large.

The large shouldnt be labeled as such. It isn't that large. Rides smaller than my barrage and endura's yet has as much blade and as is comfy in hand.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Thanks peace. Your information definitly helped me make the decision, both to buy and to go with the large.

The large shouldnt be labeled as such. It isn't that large. Rides smaller than my barrage and endura's yet has as much blade and as is comfy in hand.

To me, that shows really great attention to design.

Will it sleep on your pillow for the next couple of nights?
    :thumbsup:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Buck - Rush

aee64122-9020-8707.jpg

I've managed to hang on to this knife for about 5 years now, the longest I have ever gone without losing one. I have broken the tip once, doing something I knew I shouldn't be doing. I sent it in to Buck and they either replaced the knife or the blade, can't remember, but a tip break is almost always the fault of the user and they still replaced it. Can't speak highly enough about this $50 knife and Bucks lifetime warranty. The assisted open works great, comes out fast and locks strong, and the blade holds an edge well. I sharpened it on a 30 degree angle on my Lanske and all I have done for the past 4 to 5 months is hit it on a steel to freshen it up, but I don't cut a lot of stuff that will dull the crap out of it. It is getting about that time for a sharpening though.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    To me, that shows really great attention to design.

Will it sleep on your pillow for the next couple of nights?
    :thumbsup:

Hahaha. Yeah your right though. It's a very well thought out design. The blade/handle ratio is very high, and the blade is thick, edge to spine, yet hides well in a thin, easy to carry handle.

I don't know about on my pillow, but maybe on my nightstand until the newness wears off lol!

It was a bittersweet day on knives though. One of my recently aquired microtechs had to go back to the dealer for an issue. Hopefully he can solve it without going to MT. The Hollow Grind. Great dealer and can handle alot of issues in house.

dmurph

Serious as dick cancer!
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Huntsville, TX
    kershaw-1830-oso-sweet.jpgKershaw oso sweet... been with me everyday for the last 2 years. I am rough on knives and this little guy has stuck with me through it all. quick to open, solid locking, and fits the hand well. my only complaints are the steel (stains pretty easy for stainless and a pain to keep sharp) and the clip keeps losing a screw... but overall a great tool. Is anyone else as in love with the benchmade nimravus as i am?

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    Another for Kershaw.
    2001CKTST Rogue Auto
    a6934810-8b69-634e.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345161972.265304.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345161972.265304.jpg
      13.1 KB · Views: 121
    Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it, although it hasnt seen much action yet. Couple zip ties at work and opened my daughters birthday presents today lol.

I find that it rides much smaller than it is in my pocket and doesnt interfere with my ccw holster at all, which is a huge plus. Easy to open, and one hand closing is second nature now after a little practice. I really like it alot.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Came in today. Very very sharp. Very strong lockup. Very smooth for its size. Not a quick opening tactical knife for sure but dayum, the attention to details is impressive. So far, every time I take it out, I notice some other fine detail that has escaped previous attention.

4038041d-5e9d-3181.jpg

S35v or S30v? I love the design of that knife.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I find that it rides much smaller than it is in my pocket and doesnt interfere with my ccw holster at all, which is a huge plus. Easy to open, and one hand closing is second nature now after a little practice. I really like it alot.

I have a BM Adamas and Spyderco Valloten. The former is larger but rides smaller in my pocket. The 'Zaan rides nicely, too.
    :eh:

Top Bottom