Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Gotta post pics Tom

Emerson Horseman

Emerson%20Horseman.jpg

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Just got this bad boy in talk about a beefy blade..... Note the badass blade grind (on the tip of the blade)

Spyderco%20Vallotton.jpg

That is a strider SNG and a paramilitary 2 next to it. The SNG is known for its robust frame. This thing is even thicker. It is kinda like the fat utility cousin of the stilletto

Spyderco%20Vallotton%20Comparison%201.jpg

Spyderco%20Vallotton%20Comparison%202.jpg

Last edited:

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    A freind had this lying around his house and didnt care for it,so he sold it to me for 5 dollars, Very heavy and thick but damn it feels good. The TOPS/Bucks knife is a bit different than what ive allways carried,but its all changed now. I used to carry just light weight thin knives. http://www.buck-knife-direct.com/#

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    The Valotten is really nice. Pretty heavy at 176g or is it one that doesn't seem heavy?

bm943.jpg

I think I expounded on the problems I had with this knife as received. Looks as if BM put a new blade on it. Hair popping sharp, as they say.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The Valotten is really nice. Pretty heavy at 176g or is it one that doesn't seem heavy?

bm943.jpg

I think I expounded on the problems I had with this knife as received. Looks as if BM put a new blade on it. Hair popping sharp, as they say.

The blade is heavy however I am used to carry heavy blades so it is in my pocket and it is going to stay there until it gets old. I love me some thick blades. Probably going to be my last knife purchase until my samaritan comes in. Another really thick blade.

BM put a new blade on your knife huh. That is great customer service.....

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    The blade is heavy however I am used to carry heavy blades so it is in my pocket and it is going to stay there until it gets old. I love me some thick blades. Probably going to be my last knife purchase until my samaritan comes in. Another really thick blade.

BM put a new blade on your knife huh. That is great customer service.....

They owed it to me the way they screwed up the first one.

BTW, I ordered a Valloten from Roger today.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Spyderco Vallotton

Gotcha and unless the blade is to heavy for your taste you will be pleasantly surprised with Vallotton the quality of this blade is pretty impressive.

It came today and it's a tiger of a knife.

The one thing I don't like about it, and this is typical of a lot of Spydercos, is that the edges of the hole are almost sharp.

Very well made, good balance in the hand, doesn't seem as heavy as it actually is, helluva blade.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    New Strider SMF
    IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

Nice blade what do you think worth that thick wad of cash? What about the size of the SMF? Do you like it? The ergos on those bad boys are great....

It came today and it's a tiger of a knife.

The one thing I don't like about it, and this is typical of a lot of Spydercos, is that the edges of the hole are almost sharp.

Very well made, good balance in the hand, doesn't seem as heavy as it actually is, helluva blade.

Check your grind lines as well. One grind is farther down on one side than the other. Just noticed it and I think I am going to send the blade back to have them fix it. It might be anal but I expect perfection out of Spyderco

It's big and not a frame lock but I still luvz it...

IMG_0492.jpg

Is that a CQC-7b? And emerson's linear locks are very robust almost equivalent to frame lock. Nice blade!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    At the present time, I'm carrying:

My cheap M&P just like this one:
    SWMP2.jpg

AND

My been-damn-near-everywhere, seen-damn-near-everything Leatherman Sideclip:
    leatherman-sideclip.jpg

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Sir Isaac Newton wrote, "Check your grind lines as well. One grind is farther down on one side than the other. Just noticed it and I think I am going to send the blade back to have them fix it. It might be anal but I expect perfection out of Spyderco."

The grind is a tad wider on one side, but it may be my imagination.

I bought a BM943 recently and the grind was twice as wide on one side, 2mm vs 1, more or less and one side was a burr. Sent it back and they put a new blade on it.

My new today:

15708-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom