know anything about remote controlled cars for kids(7 years old)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Just bought my nephew one of the cheapo wallmart "bright(something)" ones. It's a pos. doesn't turn if moving forward or back. Batteries last about 30 mins.

Why not get an airhogs mini chopper for $25?

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Anything 'toy' level is all about the same. At that rate I would just read customer reviews and go from there. I have some recommendations, but they are all between $150-200, however, they would realistically last years or more. But I'm certainly understanding of someone on a budget.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Anything Traxxas is great, but not cheap, stick with smaller stuff if you go that route. I have a Nitro Jato 3.3 that is rediculously fast, and difficult to control for the rookie. Electrics are very good for kids. One of my coworkers bought his son a T-Maxx and he loves it. He's had since last year and still plays with it all the time, he's about 10 and it's a nitro 2.5.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    2nd the traxxas stuff. Hobby grade rc is much more expensive, but you can spend small amounts on replacing inevitably damaged parts Vs tossing the toy grade stuff when it breaks.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I was going to suggest a nylint rock crawler, as they were going for around $35 back in 05' at wal mart. Now their website is defunct and I can't find anything except remnants of old threads and overpriced ebay auctions.

The battery was huge, they run slow, were extremely cheap for what you got and go over anything (great for kids) we bought one when my son was 1, and now we're pulling it out for play.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    The nylint rock crawlers went out of production around 05-06, I remember them being under $30 on the clearance rack.
    One of the most durable ready to run outfits under $200 I have seen in a while is the wheely king.
    Look at it like this, if you buy a $50 rc car, it will not last very long with a kid using it and will have to be thrown away when even something minor breaks. You can spend 200, and it will have parts available for many years.

Adam490

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    I raced R/C cars all over the US for quite a few years. Get him a Traxxas Slash or a Team Associated SC10. They are electric powered and can easily be upgraded as he gets more comfortable driving the vehicle. They come in RTR (Ready to Run) packages that have everything you need. They are durable as all hell and incredibly easy (and cheap) to fix if something does break on them. Any of the hobby shops around will carry them and parts.

Last edited:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I gave up on radio controlled stuff in the mid 80s because the battery life sucked all of the fun out of it.
    I would like to think they have improved that since then, but looking at how cellphone batteries have improved the past 7 years, I doubt it.

Top Bottom