Know of any local ranges/open areas willing to rent out for First Aid course?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    I'm in the process of setting up a Combat First Aid course and am trying to find any ranges or open fields willing to host it. Approximately two days worth of training over the weekend.

There will be no live fire, but there will be guys waving their rifles around, and I'd rather not create chaos or unwanted law enforcement attention when it's not needed. However, there will be some noise from yelling and simulated casualties.

Date is still being determined, but I expect it to occur in September-October of this year.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, let me know and I'll correct myself.

TheHiredGun

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Nola
    As far as I can see, i don't remember the term "poor muzzle awareness" being used by the OP at all, seems to me that isn't the intent. I'm looking forward to it.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Will these be real rifles or dummy guns? I don't feel safe having real rifles being waved around. How long of a day are we taking for this two day fiasco? Are there any certifications I can review before participating? Website?

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    Will these be real rifles or dummy guns? I don't feel safe having real rifles being waved around. How long of a day are we taking for this two day fiasco? Are there any certifications I can review before participating? Website?

There will be real rifles present. If you do not feel safe about that, I apologize. When I do courses in the future, I will be doing some without firearms of any type.

Times can be flexible, but I'm looking at six hours each day (From about 10am-4pm).

I have certifications and documents available if you wish to view them. Just email me at michael.c.eldridge@gmail.com and I will provide.

No website as of yet. I will probably have one up within the next few months when I get this started up.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Because soft whispers don't carry across open terrain very well.
    That and I feel doing a live fire for my first course would not be a very smart thing to do.

YMMV but yelling doesn't work well in Gunfights either. What it does do is freak patients out. Good luck with your course.

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    YMMV but yelling doesn't work well in Gunfights either. What it does do is freak patients out. Good luck with your course.

I appreciate the input. Thanks for the well wishes.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for locations? I am willing to talk more about the course, but the overall point of this thread is finding a location.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I also don't feel safe with guns being waved around hell I don't even want dummy guns pointed at me.

I took a class without seeing any certifications at all and was very happy with the results so that isn't a deal killer for me.

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    I also don't feel safe with guns being waved around hell I don't even want dummy guns pointed at me.

I took a class without seeing any certifications at all and was very happy with the results so that isn't a deal killer for me.

As I said earlier, in the future I intend on conducting classes where no firearms of any type are allowed. I completely understand why some get nervous around others with firearms (the military was no exception to that).

Top Bottom