Know of any local ranges/open areas willing to rent out for First Aid course?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    As I said earlier, in the future I intend on conducting classes where no firearms of any type are allowed. I completely understand why some get nervous around others with firearms (the military was no exception to that).

Hey I will take the class and if I don't like the way guns are being handled around me I will get in my truck and drive off no biggie. I wanna learn as much as I can about keeping people alive until help arrives but "guns waving around" isn't my thing. Now that could have just been bad wording on your part and if so it's no big deal.

ETA: I don't get nervous around guns I just don't tolerate unsafe people around me.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yeah, that made my ears perk up too. I'm not an expert, but I don't see what value waving guns around adds to a class. Who would be teaching this anyways?

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    Hey I will take the class and if I don't like the way guns are being handled around me I will get in my truck and drive off no biggie. I wanna learn as much as I can about keeping people alive until help arrives but "guns waving around" isn't my thing. Now that could have just been bad wording on your part and if so it's no big deal.

ETA: I don't get nervous around guns I just don't tolerate unsafe people around me.

I definitely did not mean I would be allowing the practice of poor muzzle awareness. I apologize about my use of word choice.

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    Yeah, that made my ears perk up too. I'm not an expert, but I don't see what value waving guns around adds to a class. Who would be teaching this anyways?
    I would be the one instructing the class. I find value in training with the weapon you would use if you ever had to, in this case your rifle. Even though you would not be shooting, it is beneficial to learn how to handle your firearm as you provide medical care, which sounds easier than it really is.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    If you insist on using "real" weapons I would recommend that no magazines are seated and BCG's are removed with a zip tie like at the gun show.

Top Bottom