Korean Hapkiedo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    Is there anyone here that studys Korean Hapkiedo? I know that it deals with a lot of joint locks and pressure points, and I have really been thinking of taking some classes. I have heard that there are several schools in Baton Rouge that teach this.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I did many moons ago with Jihn Soo Kimm and He Young Kimm. They had different schools and were not related but did work together for the betterment of Hap Ki Do.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    To the best of my knowledge Ki Yoon had the first Korean style school in Baton Rouge in 1967. He taught Tae Kwon Do on Plank road in Baton Rouge. When He Young Kimm came to Baton Rouge in 1970 he joined Ki Yoon in his school and taught Hap Ki Do. He Young Kimm moved on to teach at LSU for years. When Jihn Soo Kimm started teaching on Airline Hwy. in Baton Rouge he worked with He Young Kimm teaching Hap Ki Do. He Young taught more of the Yudo or Judo techniques and Jihn Soo taught more of the Tae Kwon Do techniques. He Young Kimm still has a school on Jamestown in Baton Rouge which I think is run by his son (David?). They teach defensive techniques using every day things such as clothing, a towel, an umbrella, a cane, etc. Very good people.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Not really related to Hapkido but you might want to also look in your area for somebody who teaches Japanese Aikido if you cant find somebody in the Hapkido art, they are both based on pressure points and joint locks, and both evolved from Daito-ryu Aiki-jujutsu.

Top Bottom