Kydex/plastic holster for M&P Shield 9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    For 2 previous guns I have used and loved Galco Triton IWB holsters. Bought the Shield 9 and found, to my dismay, that Galco does not make a Triton for it. My question is, will any of the existing Tritons work with my gun. Understanding it is slimmer than most, I can tighten the adjusting screws, right? Alternately, can you recommend a similar one you have had luck with? The CompTac Infidel seems close. I wear scrubs 90% of the time, and the Triton was the best I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you know anyone with a Galco Triton for a G19 try the Shield in it. The Shield works well in some G19 holsters.

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Great, I'll pick one up and try. Galco's issue with the Shield is the thumb safety (which I don't use), which can be switched to fire when holstering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    We have some comptac win for the shield in stock if you can't find the galco anywhere. Also blade tech makes something similar to the galco that they call the nano.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Thx for the responses. I wanted to crow about what I chose, the Lowrider by RM Holsters. Met with Kee at his business and saw his operation, an opportunity afforded by the fact that he is RIGHT HERE IN BATON ROUGE. Great guy. But none of that matters if you don't love the product. I didn't think I could find a holster more comfortable than the Galco, I was wrong. Fit and finish are great, retention adjustable at both the slide and trigger guard (I run mine loose to allow drawing while wearing scrubs, no belt), and ultralight. Small guns, like the Shield, just disappear at 4 o"clock position. Couldn't be more pleased. Asked Kee if he could make me a singe IWB Lowrider that will accept all my similarly sized Glocks, "No problem". I'll post pics when I get home.

Top Bottom