Kyle Rittenhouse speaking out against BLM at universities.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    While I am not an Admin on a gun forum (solid use of argument from authority:rolleyes:), I do happen to know that the constitution says "shall not be infringed". But, hey, the guys that wrote that weren't Admins on a gun forum. Maybe we can run our rights by you before we choose to utilize any rights given to us by someone that is not an admin on a gun forum.
    It's not an argument from authority. It's the same as saying that you can surmise that a racecar driver probably likes racecars. I spend my free time running a gun forum...and you can likely surmise that I like guns.

If we want to be really specific, which it seems you do, the constitution doesn't state "shall not be infringed." What you are quoting is an amendment to the constitution that was ratified two years later.

We can agree to disagree on the following, but I believe that some limits are appropriate. I don't want rappers living in Baton Rouge or any of the gangs across the US to have easy access to RPGs. I don't want Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, or Mark Cuban buying and possessing nukes. That is an "infringement" on "keeping and bearing Arms," which I assert is acceptable.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    While I am not an Admin on a gun forum (solid use of argument from authority:rolleyes:), I do happen to know that the constitution says "shall not be infringed". But, hey, the guys that wrote that weren't Admins on a gun forum. Maybe we can run our rights by you before we choose to utilize any rights given to us by someone that is not an admin on a gun forum.
    Gun forums did not exist when the 1st Ammendment was written, so neither "Free Speech" nor the 1st Ammendment applies!
    By the way, The Constitution provides for a standing Army and Navy, so the Air Force is UNCONSTITUTIONAL! So there!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ha, okay. You used the words "I" and "Personally" and then state we can't talk about your opinions.

Maybe write better.
    Ok Mr. gun forum admin guy. I’m not really sure how you even inserted the what would you do in there thinking that applied because I can’t imagine how you took my post that far out of context. That was a real stretch. Even for a gun forum admin, lol.
    1711424275473.gif

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It's not an argument from authority. It's the same as saying that you can surmise that a racecar driver probably likes racecars. I spend my free time running a gun forum...and you can likely surmise that I like guns.

If we want to be really specific, which it seems you do, the constitution doesn't state "shall not be infringed." What you are quoting is an amendment to the constitution that was ratified two years later.

We can agree to disagree on the following, but I believe that some limits are appropriate. I don't want rappers living in Baton Rouge or any of the gangs across the US to have easy access to RPGs. I don't want Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, or Mark Cuban buying and possessing nukes. That is an "infringement" on "keeping and bearing Arms," which I assert is acceptable.
    Neither the RPGs or any kind of nuclear weapon would pass the "Common Use" test in court. Besides, due to the arming sequence, nuclear weapons can not be wielded by one person.

On a side note, RPGs are trash. They will detonate if you drop a loaded one(I cringe every time I see some stupid Haji carrying a loaded RPG in person or on TV.) The trigger pull is only 2lbs(one of our Armourers tested one.) The range is too short and they are VERY inaccurate. Want to pass off the crew of a M1 Arams tank? Hit it with an RPG!

cactusblob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2024
    louisiana
    Thought this was interesting. Also interesting is that people would still rather support a city burning organization over a kid who chose to defend a city from them and then defend his own life. I’m amazed at how the media can spin things and control folks. I saw a kid being violently attacked and actively trying to get to police before he was grounded and literally shot his attackers to stay alive. Others see a troublemaker who attacked “innocent people” and believe it or not, some are still saying he shot black people.

The media of today is 100X worse than Pravda ever dreamed of being.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    But there are people here who appear to believe any restriction is an infringement
    I know that the whole Nuke argument is straight from the left/antigunner’s playbook and it’s ridiculous. Common sense would suggest the Pro 2A crowd knows that we’re talking about small arms and not bazookas and mortars. Explosives are off the table. Every time someone brings that argument to the table they show their ignorance. Inserting artillery into the conversation of gun rights is a type of deflection and deception to try to make pro 2A people look like extremists. It’s also extremely passé. It also helps me with my informed opinion of a person who claims to be pro 2A.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know that the whole Nuke argument is straight from the left/antigunner’s playbook and it’s ridiculous. Common sense would suggest the Pro 2A crowd knows that we’re talking about small arms and not bazookas and mortars. Explosives are off the table. Every time someone brings that argument to the table they show their ignorance. Inserting artillery into the conversation of gun rights is a type of deflection and deception to try to make pro 2A people look like extremists. It’s also extremely passé. It also helps me with my informed opinion of a person who claims to be pro 2A.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Amendment does not limit arms to small arms. Cannons existed at that time so there was a basis should they have decided to make that distinction. Privateers regularly had cannons on their ships, showing that private citizens were allowed to own arms that were not "small arms." "Common sense" gun restrictions are straight from the left/antigunner’s playbook.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That's true, but the cannon is actually grandfathered in today. It's a leftover from the original days of the Militia. Today we see them as relics used by reenactors as everyone here is well awhere(the President doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, but what else is new.)
    You can own surplus tanks complete with the guns as well. You can also own surplus artillery pieces. Good luck on the ammo though!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Neither the RPGs or any kind of nuclear weapon would pass the "Common Use" test in court. Besides, due to the arming sequence, nuclear weapons can not be wielded by one person.

On a side note, RPGs are trash. They will detonate if you drop a loaded one(I cringe every time I see some stupid Haji carrying a loaded RPG in person or on TV.) The trigger pull is only 2lbs(one of our Armourers tested one.) The range is too short and they are VERY inaccurate. Want to pass off the crew of a M1 Arams tank? Hit it with an RPG!
    "Common use" is arbitrary and also the "muh rights" crowd probably would have a problem with it.

I know that the whole Nuke argument is straight from the left/antigunner’s playbook and it’s ridiculous. Common sense would suggest the Pro 2A crowd knows that we’re talking about small arms and not bazookas and mortars.
    What you're saying is that you're okay with a limitation.
    Explosives are off the table. Every time someone brings that argument to the table they show their ignorance. Inserting artillery into the conversation of gun rights is a type of deflection and deception to try to make pro 2A people look like extremists. It’s also extremely passé. It also helps me with my informed opinion of a person who claims to be pro 2A.
    I'd argue that I can be very pro 2A and also very okay with certain limitations (nukes, RPGs, violent felons not being allowed to possess firearms).

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's true, but the cannon is actually grandfathered in today. It's a leftover from the original days of the Militia. Today we see them as relics used by reenactors as everyone here is well awhere(the President doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, but what else is new.)
    You can own surplus tanks complete with the guns as well. You can also own surplus artillery pieces. Good luck on the ammo though!

You can own a grenade launcher as well. In addition, a civilian can jump through hoops and own the explosive 44mm grenades. That means explosives are not, as claimed above, off the table.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    You can own a grenade launcher as well. In addition, a civilian can jump through hoops and own the explosive 44mm grenades. That means explosives are not, as claimed above, off the table.
    Yeah i always chuckle when folks say civillians cant own this or that. Just look at Acedemia formerly Blackwater. They have a civillian army.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    We had 40mm HEDP(high-explosive-duel-purpode) rounds for the M203 and the belt-fed version(fed from a large ammo can)for our MK-19s. Those are actual weapons of war that we used to kill more Hajis than with those pissy little 5.56 rifles.
    I am not familiar with 44mm.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah i always chuckle when folks say civillians cant own this or that. Just look at Acedemia formerly Blackwater. They have a civillian army.
    Just a friendly little FYI: I said that civilians can't have RPGs. In any case, they are very unsafe and responsible for self inflicted wounds and deaths among many militants overseas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom