LA-based Online Series Features VATA Force-On-Force Training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    And, it's FREE.

You'll likely see several people you know or have "seen" here on the new digital series, "First Person Defender," which we released this weekend. Using Simunition marking cartridges, we put people into various situations where they would be threatened or attacked. We see how they react, then take that person to the range to train on one item which could improve their response.

Then, that person runs a similar (but not identical) scenario to see how well the training stuck.

It's on Youtube. Search for First Person Defender. Feel free to embed the videos on your web sites.

Comments are encouraged.

Bayou Shooter's own Teddy Smith was the lead camera operator on these, too.

Here's a link to one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIqX2d_GZY4

Last edited:

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I liked it. Gave me NUMEROUS (new) things to think about. Well done, clear and understandable. One point, wouldn't it have been a better technique to have the weapon in reach somewhere besides UNDER the seatbelt? Not having to fumble around with the belt and/or buckle at all seems a better, quicker way to respond, IMO.

But very watchable, nonetheless. Thanks for posting these videos. They should ALL be helpful and thought provoking.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    It's a common question -- keep a gun on or in the console, etc.

But, if you have to vacate the car, you want the gun ON you. Nothing says you can't have both, but you really do want the gun to be ON you. The Miami FBI shootout taught us about having a gun on the seat or stuck underneath your leg. It may not be there when you need it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I showed my dad your car jacking video and he then made my little sister (17), her friend, and my girlfriend all sit down and watch it. They had never thought of anything like that before. None of them are "into" BayouShooter type things though and all are close minded women :P I do think they all got something from it though.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The one that gets to me the most is when our buddy is beat down randomly outside the office building. A wrestling match while packing is one of my biggest fears.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The one that gets to me the most is when our buddy is beat down randomly outside the office building. A wrestling match while packing is one of my biggest fears.

That's why I turn into the most passive person imaginable when out and about.

"Cut me off", - 'ok'
    "What the Frack You looking at!?!" - Nothing Sir!

and so on and so forth.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    It's interesting to see the comments about these videos on Youtube. Some folks love to jump in with "that wouldn't be justified in court," while others are offering constructive suggestions.

We'll be uploading the workplace shooting, restaurant robbery, and other videos soon.

Now we're looking for suggestions of other scenarios for future videos.

What would YOU like to see addressed?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Some really good info in these videos. It's almost lunch time and I haven't gotten a damn thing done at work yet. I've been watching these all morning long!!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    thanks for posting, I hadn't seen their videos before. I've watched them all a few times now and passed them on - fantastic information.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    It's interesting to see the comments about these videos on Youtube. Some folks love to jump in with "that wouldn't be justified in court," while others are offering constructive suggestions.

We'll be uploading the workplace shooting, restaurant robbery, and other videos soon.

How about something along the lines of th Boston bombings? How to handle a situation at an outside event with lors of people. Just a thought.

Thanks for the videos. I've been trying to watch as many as I can since last Wednesday. Not just this current series, but all of your videos on YouTube.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I like the public restroom idea. Especially one of the small ones like in a gas station or even some Burger King's. Everytime I walk into one of those I can just see how attacking a person in there would be ideal for a bad guy.

One idea that comes to mind to me would be a confrontation between 2 armed individuals (shotgun/deer rifle) in the woods and or boat. For those that hunt public land and some of those over zealous hunters who claim you are in "there spots." Ideally one would just give up the spot because it isn't worth a gun fight, but adrenaline can be high on opening weekend and **** can happen. Might be a stupid idea, but you asked!

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Dude this is possible the best series on the internet period. I saw the one with Lou from Fobous. One I learned not to mess with Lou any more. Two used cover all the time. I want to see more and more of these videos. Maybe more hand to hand or knife to hand?

Side tangent that was a awesome shot right between the eyes in that video.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Myself and my family all really like your videos! They are awesome. Because of them, a few of my friends and family members want to take some of y'alls classes. I hope that tells you that the videos are working for you and you should continue making them.

Here are my ideas for videos:
    Gas Station @ Pump, Bank Robbery, Another parking lot danger one, Riding a bike around a neighborhood, walking dogs...

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    One thing I am taking from these videos is the effectiveness of a laser. I've always had the attitude that they were basically useless to experienced shooters, but it seems to be a great tool in shooting behind cover where it may be difficult to get good sight alignment without exposing yourself more than necessary. I would like to see the house clearing video done where the door is closed to the room where the bad guy is. Such as he tries barricading himself in the room with your significant other.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    it made me strongly reconsider the laser as well honestly. I don't have a light mounted to my nightstand gun either, just a flashlight next to it. I need to get one mounted...

+1 to laser, its one less thing I have to worry about under duress.

Top Bottom