LA GOP calls

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm seriously sick of it. I've had no less than 8 calls to my cell phone during work ours from the same number with some stupid recording of David Vitter or his Wife or Sarah Palin or some other freaking Jackhole telling me to go out and vote. I tried calling the LA GOP to ask them to stop and they told me to call the secretary of state and the secretary of state says they sold that info and can't do anything about it.

How the hell do I make this nonsense stop? I'm half tempted to go vote for Charlie Melancon just out of shear spite.

eliska

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    New Orleans
    Sounds like your complaint is with the Secretary of State for selling the info. That said, you could try putting your cell phone number on the Do Not Call list (888-382-1222). Good luck.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I tried calling the LA GOP to ask them to stop and they told me to call the secretary of state and the secretary of state says they sold that info and can't do anything about it.

It's the GOP calling you, not the Sec. of State's office. The GOP is the only one that can make it stop.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I had only one all day....from Obama...asking me to support the Demcratic Party as it continues to fight for our middle class rights....:rolleyes:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    GOP is trying to get the white vote out just like the Dems and Obama are trying to get the black out to vote. Just hang up. Thats what I do. I'll not let a call stop me from voting for the best candidate for my situation which is Vitter.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Bill Clinton has called twice and John Breaux once asking me to consider Caroline Fayard............................

I met her the other day in the courthouse but she would not hang around to answer questions, just kept moving like she wanted to avoid having to state what her stance was. I asked her "young aide" if they were flying a jet or riding in a motor coach and he said no, driving that suv outside. I told him they needed to raise some money as all the other politicians were riding in style. lol:cool:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Bill Clinton has called twice and John Breaux once asking me to consider Caroline Fayard............................

I met her the other day in the courthouse but she would not hang around to answer questions, just kept moving like she wanted to avoid having to state what her stance was. I asked her "young aide" if they were flying a jet or riding in a motor coach and he said no, driving that suv outside. I told him they needed to raise some money as all the other politicians were riding in style. lol:cool:

Return Mr Clintons call with picture mail...

attachment.php

He will agree and thank you for it

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I do just hang up. The problem is though, this is my cell phone they are calling. They are wasting my damn minutes.

And the do not call list does not apply to political callouts.

I can tell you now though, the LA GOP is going to get a bitterly worded e-mail tomorrow.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I do just hang up. The problem is though, this is my cell phone they are calling. They are wasting my damn minutes.

And the do not call list does not apply to political callouts.

I can tell you now though, the LA GOP is going to get a bitterly worded e-mail tomorrow

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I have an un-listed and un-published number that is also in the Do Not Call database. Not only that but my phone service is through Phone Power and it allows me to block any calls without caller ID enabled and I can also block individual numbers. Between all that I VERY seldom get those calls. Any that I do let slip through, I tell them to remove my number from their system. If they give me any static or ignore my request, they go in the block list and I turn them into the Government's Do Not Call system.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Political groups are exempt from the "do not call list". You can thank your Republican representative for that. Oh yeah, I forgot - your Democrat rep went along with it too.

Two sides of the same coin?

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Right BUT, if you ask them to drop you from their list, by law they have to or they can be reported to the Do Not Call folks and face fines etc..

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    At 8:22 this morning, I received a call from Zack Vitter asking me to please vote for his dad. This makes 9 calls I have received on behalf of the LA GOP.

Sorry kid, but you and your dad can EABD.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I've received zero calls for political issues. Years ago I started telling EVERY poll-taker who called that I wasn't interested in helping them, and I didn't want any candidates knowing what words I want coming out of their mouths. Gradually the calls tapered off until now I don't get any anymore.

Top Bottom