LA Lifetime Permit - Expiration date listed?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X5 Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    Monroe, LA
    I mailed in my application for my lifetime permit on Sept 16 and received the permit Nov 17.
    The permit lists an expiration date of 2018. I applied and paid for a lifetime permit.
    Does anyone else have a lifetime permit? If so, does it list an expiration date?
    I'm wondering if it is a mistake or a limitation to their computer system.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    That date is when you will have to take your first renewal class which is every 5 years.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    You don't think it's cause they know the future or something creepy like that, huh? Like the Mayans and 2012...? Beware 2018 !

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I did a lifetime on my renewal. It came with a note about the system had to have a date and they would issue a new permit in the near future when a new system was implemented. My date says 12/31/2099. I laughed and told my wife I would be ecstatic to see it expire.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I did a lifetime on my renewal. It came with a note about the system had to have a date and they would issue a new permit in the near future when a new system was implemented. My date says 12/31/2099. I laughed and told my wife I would be ecstatic to see it expire.
    Just be sure to keep that date in mind so you don't forget to get it renewed. :)

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I mailed in my application for my lifetime permit on Sept 16 and received the permit Nov 17.
    The permit lists an expiration date of 2018. I applied and paid for a lifetime permit.
    Does anyone else have a lifetime permit? If so, does it list an expiration date?
    I'm wondering if it is a mistake or a limitation to their computer system.

Are you from the future? Do the Saints beat Dallas on Sunday?

Max's Choice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Meraux La
    Hi
    I agree that you need to check out your date on it but also was told that you have to get a renewal paper form one of us to keep it good to go. I just saw this so i thought i would reply.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    That date is when you will have to take your first renewal class which is every 5 years.

We have two contradictory statements here. What is the real reason?

I know that you still have to take the renewal class every 5 years. So are they supposed to send you a new card every 5 years with a new date extended out 5 more years?

Maybe it is all just new and they themselves are getting used to it. Who knows..... :dunno:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Well, here is a scan of my permit. I believe that speaks for itself.
    CHPscrubed_zps84ac1619.jpg

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Good to know.

Spec, I was not questioning you at all, trust me. I know you are man of your word.

My only worry or concern is what happens as you age? For example, if I get a permit at let's say..... 25, when I am 75 I will no longer look like that pic. So will you be able to pop in at LSP HQ and get a new pic taken and card issued?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom