La Pierre need to go

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    Not to play the race card, but this is "public relations" and "image" and superficial appearances are relevant, but we could stand to have at least a Jewish dude (like the guy mentioned in bs875's post) or a Latino or a Black guy... something to break the stereotype the NRA has. Yes, plenty will assume the figure head as being a "token (insert race or creed)" but that will be dwarfed by the effects. Hell, I know a lot of people who place racist connotations on the NRA for some reason. Probably because they knew some NRA members who were racist assholes, and paint the whole NRA with the broad brush. Seems to be how that goes, typically. One bad apples ruins the bunch. Anyways...

Even getting away with the "rich old white guy" image, his actions and speeches have been poor, imo. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a likely and appropriate replacement off the top of my head, for PR work, but I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a week of it being "on my mind" to come up with a handful of names that come across the radar.

Yup. The NRA needs to play the race cards. Black, Hispanic, and Asian men or women need to be empowered and deployed to raise support from their respective races Then, there needs to be one multi-racial spokesperson

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Well he wouldn't have to walk the plank publicly. But let's start putting someone better in front of the camera and then increase their face time while decreasing WLs'. We can't expect him to be Charleton Heston, but we can expect someone better in this time of extreme need.

We're stuck with Montgomery, where the hell is Patton?

I wouldn't Want a Patton. I would want a Bradley or Eisenhower. We don't need a blood and guts spokesman trying to convince the American people that we're all sane, rational people who "like our rights and plan to keep them, thank you very much."
    I understand the rationale, I just don't think it's the right way to convince the low information voters.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I wouldn't Want a Patton. I would want a Bradley or Eisenhower. We don't need a blood and guts spokesman trying to convince the American people that we're all sane, rational people who "like our rights and plan to keep them, thank you very much."
    I understand the rationale, I just don't think it's the right way to convince the low information voters.

Pick your replacement, but please, let's get out from behind Monte.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Weather he is or is not effective is obviously debatable.. I'm simply saying he is in an uphill battle against a formidable adversary.. Trying to explain why the average Joe needs an evil black rifle with a 30 round magazine is not as easy as one might imagine..

We are living in a climate of extreme hostility towards not only the second amendment but the entire constitution..

I'm only saying we need to remember what we are up against, and we must stay united.. One bad interview does not constitute failure..

If only it were one bad interview. First it was the press conference when the best he could do about the protesters was look constipated. The lackluster performance on Hannity, who was throwing meatballs underhand to him. And on, and on. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he is not rising to the occasion in my opinion.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Let Wayne work behind the scenes with the legislators but get a person who can think on his feet as the representative of the NRA. I don't know if he has any connection to the NRA but a guy like Joe Mantegna, a known personality, TV and movie star, a gun guy, host of Gun Stories on TV and star of Criminal Minds TV show. We have almost the all TV and movie people against us how about one of their own representing our side.

Last edited:

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Wasn't Tom Sellek supposed to be a spokesman for the NRA? I thought he was supposed to be the next "Heston". I sure would like to see some FaceTime from him or any other well known, well respected icon(past or present). I agree with the one universal spokesperson with MANY "sub-spokespersons" supporting them. Maybe the general public needs to start calling on we'll known NRA member and gun lovers to start speaking out. We need as much support as we can get at this time.

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    http://www.pagunrights.com/2009/09/nra-director-most-popular-potential-celebrity-politicians/
    Here is some interesting information. I never even thought about Angelina Jolie as a female spokesperson for the gun support group. Afflek would also be a good one since he's Democratic as well. I understand it could be a risk for someone currently in the spotlight (career suicide), but none of them worry about speaking against guns. I haven't personally seen Jim Carreys anti-gun comments but if true it really disappoints me. I used to be a fan of his.

Top Bottom