Lack of activity in the camping section

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks guys. We were all set to buy a used Niagra (great deal on Sportsman in Denham btw) but it didn't work out. The seller wasn't cooperating on a few things, then we realized it just wasn't the right camper for us. It was a bit heavier than I wanted and didn't really need one that nice. This one is 800 pounds lighter!
    Its got the front rack I wanted (room for spare propane and gasoline), and the shower my wife wanted. Everyone is happy.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    You will enjot it. Years ago we tent camped when the kids were growing up; Rented a cabin at Percy quin a few months back and remembered how much fun it was, so I bought a small 5th wheeler and have been enjoying it.

And I never look at the stars..................

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I liked the hi-los but they're heavy!

Haven't planned a particular trip yet. Most likely Tickfaw. I have some friends that are partial to Bay St Louis though. We'll see.
    Long distance trip - Petit Jean (central AR) is high on the list! Cheaha (East Alabama) is on my list also. My wife keeps bringing up Fort Wilderness in Disney though.

I have been checking out the skies though. Seeing the planets aligned is different.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Since someone complained about the lack of activity in this section so I went out and ordered a new popup! (The sacrifices I make for this website...) :)
    It should be delivered in a few weeks.

I'll post lots of pics and do a few trip reviews ASAP. This'll have to do for now.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/de...iewertc&choice=ftc&nav=rec&name=92&series=MAC

Wow. That rig looks beautiful. I've had an en-vie for camping for the last year. My wife is the air-conditioning and clean floors type, and the thought of camping seems to turn her off. I've been eye-balling the Gulf barrier islands off Mississippi, but she just can't get around the thought of not having her comfy bathroom and amenities. My 3-year-old daughter is foaming at the mouth for summer to come, so we can go camping. I just want her to see the stars for once in her life.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Petite Jean is a wonderful place to go but call ahead, it's a popular place, but it's beautiful,the big waterfall is really beautiful to see...and you can walk down to the bottom of it.. and they have a lot of trails to go on,, it really is a campers delight,,,

Haven't planned a particular trip yet. Most likely Tickfaw. I have some friends that are partial to Bay St Louis though. We'll see.
    Long distance trip - Petit Jean (central AR) is high on the list! Cheaha (East Alabama) is on my list also. My wife keeps bringing up Fort Wilderness in Disney though.

I have been checking out the skies though. Seeing the planets aligned is different.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We stayed in the cabins at Petit Jean about 15 years ago. 6 of us crammed into one of the smaller cabins, we spent days hiking in the park. The only excursion we did was to drive up to Blanchard Springs Caverns (Beautiful btw, but when the road sign says 'twisty and steep next 17 miles' its not a good idea to stop for all you can eat pizza!). Great trip. I want to go back.

Myrifle, the reason we bought the popup was its the only way to get my wife to go camping. I have a backpack ready to go, but... that whole bathroom thing is a problem for her. Plus she says she's too old to sleep on the ground now.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    One of our favorite places not too far from home was Flint Creek in Mississippi. Our kids loved it too!! Its close to Wiggins. Funny that we're talking about it cause I was talking to a dude about trailers and camping and we both mentioned Flint Creek and how much we liked it! He said Buccaneer park is open now too, which is or was another place we liked going when it wasn't too hot..

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Bucaneer is open now, and they just started working on the water park this year so hopefully next year it will be up and running. Very nice pop-up. One day I hope to upgrage ours but so far she is water tight and cold in the summer. Glad to see ya'll went with the cassette toilet/shower upgrade. Worth every penny in my book.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Nice looking camper.

The wife and I Love Disney World, but I wouldn't go camping there. It's cheap enough to stay at Pop Centruy and more comfortable.

I will share a secret though. If you like beaches: http://www.floridastateparks.org/hendersonbeach/default.cfm

Seriously, the best..... I like it better than staying in a Condo. The facilities are plenty nice enough that you might not even use the shower in the pop up. They have a nice stretch of beach that the condos aren't crouched on. The camp spots are surrounded by scrub, so you have some sense of privacy in your spot. Awesome place.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Oh, I forgot McGuire’s Irish Pub is in town. It has a big green double decker bus in the front. Awesome steaks, shepherd’s pie, burgers, beer, drinks..... My favorite restaurant ever.

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My contribution to the camping section has been, actually discovering this place has a camping section, and reading in said section.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom