Lafayette Event Center Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA.Call'emClose

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the recent gunshows around the state have had decent deals on shotguns?. Not military or home-defense type shotguns, but field/hunting shotguns such as Side-by-side's of Over/Unders.

I am looking to pick up a decent hunting shotgun, but dont really know if its even worth my time to check out the gun show in lafayette on Feb 9 - 10.

I've read many negative reviews about recent shows, but they were more focused on price gouging on military-type rifles and pistols.

Thanks for any info yall can share.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Honestly, I haven't seen a "deal" at a gunshow in a long time.

When I go, it's for one of two reasons. I'm either looking to finger bang a weapon that I'm considering purchasing, or I'm looking for various small parts that are difficult to find locally.

"Normal" shotguns haven't been affected by the crazy as far as I can tell. I saw saiga's on gunbroker tonight in the $1,000 range which is good for a converted one.

Here's the part where I'd say just go get you an 870 express from academy or Walmart if you want a sturdy dependable every day shotgun. However, you might stumble across a decent savings on a used shotty at the show. Just DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!! At the very least, bring a smartphone with you and comparison shop for similar guns on gunbroker while you browse the show.

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Shotguns? Check out the variety at G & H Seed Company in Gueydan: www.ghseed.com

G_and_H_Seed_banner.jpg

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    If anyone heads out to the show tomorrow(Saturday) post about the lines and general mayhem. Would love to head out to a gunshow again, but damn if I want to wait in line for 2 hours and the Event Center is alot smaller then the other venues they used to use here in Lafayette. Thanks.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I found a really nice Ithaca 37 Featherlite, with steel receiver, last summer at the Lafayette show for $200. Finish was mostly gone but in great mechanical shape. I had it reblued and refinished the furniture myself and now have an heirloom quality pump shotgun for less than $400.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    When my buddy got there at7:15 they were about 20 people in front of them. By the time the doors opened, the line was across the building and all the way out to Johnston.

Many of the ammo booths were limiting ammo purchased to 3 or4 boxes. He said they had lots of ARs and one couple walked out with 4 of them. How many bets these end up on BS or gun broker?

He managed to get 6 boxes of 40 and his buddy found 500 rds of 9mm and they were out of there by 11

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    I passed by there yesterday at about 3:00 & the parking lot was full, cars were parked at other lots around there & people were still crossing Johnson to go to the show. I don't need anything that bad to fight those kind of crowds.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Guess I'm gonna stay home and cook. Man I miss going to these things. I just don't have the patience anymore. Pre Obama I would show up walk on in and spend a couple of hours just looking. Post Obama longer lines and a bit more crowded and I could take that but, post Sandy Hook? Panic buying and everybody and their brother wants to start building up their stockpiles. I could use more 9mm but I have enough for a range trip. Just gonna wait and watch how all this pans out.

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Went at about 3pm Sunday, walked right in, wasn't too crowded. Helped a friend of my wifes shop for a handgun, she ended up liking and purchasing 1 of 2 LCP's and some ammo. American Eagle 9mm ball was $23 (ouch!) and some critical defense Hornady for $30. Chatted with s few regulars that I know and haven't seen in a while, then left around 5. Ended up buying a t shirt and that's about it :)

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Keep an eye out on Louisianasportsman.com They have shotgun listed on and off all of the time. You can also probably deal with them to an extent. Something you can't do at a gun show. Good Luck.

Top Bottom