Lake Area Gun Matches?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    There used to be a few matches around here, mostly rimfire and action pistol, but they have dried up.

Does anyone know of any rimfire or multi-gun matches that are being held somewhat close to the Lake Area?

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Check with the folks that operate out of the Holmwood range. I know they hold Bullseye matches and NRA action matches. No clue on multi-gun matches. If you find some please post here.

TheMaddMan

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Lake Charles
    I was at the club meeting Tuesday night. There is a action pistol fun shoot the 8th at Holmwood. Low key, $15 entry fee, paid back as awards. More or less a get together and practice type match. They do hold occasional serious action pistol matchs as well as the state match. Bullseye once a month and a rifle match sometimes.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Okay, but the only gun that I could use for action pistol is my crappy S&W Model 59.

I'm a member of the Lake Charles Rifle Club, out in Holmwood. They usually have a paper posted on the gate that lists all of the matches, but they havn't had a paper up in months. I really want to try out my skills with my little ruger .22. I've been practicing like crazy, and I would sure love to win the iron sight category.

Top Bottom