Lake Charles area guys step in.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I know the DA personally and his wonderful family. They are really very good people.

The media, however, leaves much to be desired.

I'll never forget, when I was a Senior Television System tech., working in Beaumont, a video feed came through from a local TV reporter who was at the scene of an I-10 vehicle accident. After delivering her feed to the local CBS affiliate, whe said, "did yall get that okay? I just said there were 2 people injured because I didn't really know". It turned out it was a single vehicle accident with only the driver and he were not injured.

My thoughts too, I commend him for communicating and trying to clarify. I think this guy might be a good contact source for future questions. Anyone who has tried to get answers out of da's offices or from the AG's office can appreciate him

I tried several times to get answers from the AG and was told that they'll be the ones prosecuting me for a crime, if I wanted legal advice call a lawyer

Maybe a few thank you letters to this ada might be in line ??

Heres his e mail

bdurrett@cpdao.org

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I e-mailed the reporter yesterday as well, and my comments are on the OCDO thread referenced earlier. However, she did clear up the "liability" part of her article - although the way it's written in the article does not reflect her explanation.

She said that she wrote that after one of the students mentioned that her son brings home some questionable companions, they told the student that if the houseguest got injured as a result of her negligence in securing her weapon, she could be liable. I assume that they meant civilly, not criminally, as we do not have any "safe storage" laws. It's part of the reason you should carry liability insurance as part of your homeowner's policy.

She did not respond to my 2nd e-mail correcting her explanations, however. I think she may be feeling a bit intimidated by all of the attention.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom