Lake Charles Gun Club, 6601 Wardline Road, Lake Charles, LA. 70607

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marine26yr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Lake Charles Gun Club has been under new management for 3 years. And what changes have been made. We now have 9 shooting stations for each the 25, 50 & 100. 3 for 150 and 4 for 200. At the 3, 4, 5 & 600 yard targets we have both wooden back board and steel gong tarket. Pistol has 20 shooting lanes anywhere from 2 Yards to 50. We now have archery fixed known distance. and Skeet, Trap and
    5 Stand. all events can be shot at the same time. We shoot from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM 7 days a week. Membership is $125.00 per year and it includes Husband, Wife and any Kids under 21. Give me a Call at the #'s below
    Gun Club 337-480-3918
    Lee Cell: 337-513-7447

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    Posting to this thread so I can come back to it latter for the address. Last week Fort Polk posted to all e-mail users an up date to the post gun regulations. The new regulation requires all guns are to be registered prior to entering Fort Polk. The old one hinted at that all guns entering the installation had to be registered, but it only applied to active duty assigned to Fort Polk. One of the reasons for this update to post regulations was: *Recent High Risk Behavior such as the Fort Hood Active Shooter.* About two months ago or so the post paper ran an article that was written for another post news paper by the Provost Marshal about guns on post. In one part he is talking about how many more people are getting concealed weapon permits *Do to recent shooting at Fort Hood.* -*This is causing a problem on post as you are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon on post or to carry any firearm loaded on post or to transport or store any un-registered firearm on post.* *All guns bust be locked in a safe in on post quarters, or Unit Arms Room for single soldiers. All guns must be locked in a separate container form ammunition and unreachable from the driver or any passengers in a car or truck.* Now here is the kicker. Later in the article: *Active shooters seek out places where large groups of people gather that will be un-armed.* Um-Ah-Gee-Wiz!!! You just described the entire installation. PX, Commissary, Unit Formations, The Motor Pool, Sports fields during games, Youth centers and yes the Childe Development Centers, Schools on post. So by requiring all weapons be registered and absolutely no carrying of firearms they have now made all military installations safer. WTF?

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    Posting to this thread so I can come back to it latter for the address. Last week Fort Polk posted to all e-mail users an up date to the post gun regulations. The new regulation requires all guns are to be registered prior to entering Fort Polk. The old one hinted at that all guns entering the installation had to be registered, but it only applied to active duty assigned to Fort Polk. One of the reasons for this update to post regulations was: *Recent High Risk Behavior such as the Fort Hood Active Shooter.* About two months ago or so the post paper ran an article that was written for another post news paper by the Provost Marshal about guns on post. In one part he is talking about how many more people are getting concealed weapon permits *Do to recent shooting at Fort Hood.* -*This is causing a problem on post as you are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon on post or to carry any firearm loaded on post or to transport or store any un-registered firearm on post.* *All guns bust be locked in a safe in on post quarters, or Unit Arms Room for single soldiers. All guns must be locked in a separate container form ammunition and unreachable from the driver or any passengers in a car or truck.* Now here is the kicker. Later in the article: *Active shooters seek out places where large groups of people gather that will be un-armed.* Um-Ah-Gee-Wiz!!! You just described the entire installation. PX, Commissary, Unit Formations, The Motor Pool, Sports fields during games, Youth centers and yes the Childe Development Centers, Schools on post. So by requiring all weapons be registered and absolutely no carrying of firearms they have now made all military installations safer. WTF?

Well that figures.

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    How does this effect the Post Range? Being retired and using the range on post, do I need to register everytime I go?

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    You only have to register you weapons once at the main gate visitor assistance center. Then you have to carry your copy of the registration with each firearm at all times when entering post. You will be required to show your registration for each firearm when you sign in at the range. My beef with the whole thing is big brother wants me to register my firearms. A co-worker and retired MP said it is not uncommon for the Provost Marshal to turn over to local law enforcement a list of names, address, serial number and type of firearm. Now putting on my tin foil hat: For some reason the CLEO of Vernon Parish decides he needs to confiscate firearms to protect the public at large, guess whose doors he will be knocking on first.

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    You only have to register you weapons once at the main gate visitor assistance center. Then you have to carry your copy of the registration with each firearm at all times when entering post. You will be required to show your registration for each firearm when you sign in at the range. My beef with the whole thing is big brother wants me to register my firearms. A co-worker and retired MP said it is not uncommon for the Provost Marshal to turn over to local law enforcement a list of names, address, serial number and type of firearm. Now putting on my tin foil hat: For some reason the CLEO of Vernon Parish decides he needs to confiscate firearms to protect the public at large, guess whose doors he will be knocking on first.

I just found this out yesterday and I am not registering my firearms on base. Guess I won't be using the range anymore. Sucks because I have a couple rifles that need to be sighted in.

On the bright side, I won't have to deal with the idiot with the goober hat or the guy who never shuts his mouth. They had really cleaned the place up but from what I saw yesterday it has started going back to the old ways.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville

This is why I am looking for a nice good place I can go to shoot my guns, from pistol to rifle to shotgun. I do not like having to register my guns on post just to use the range or anything like that. I feel that they do not need to know what I have and how many. I am glad I live off post so I do not even really have to worry about this. I know when I was at FT. Knox they tried that same old crap about makeing everyone living on or off post register their guns, that turned into a mess really fast.

LegallyArmedAm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Lake Charles, LA
    Good people out there. Mr. Lee works hard to keep the place up. Would like to see the pistol range modernized a little, but it takes money. Mr. Lee is doing a great job in the short time he's been there running things.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom